Home

Hey OMT, question about a gameplay bug,.

This is a discussion on Hey OMT, question about a gameplay bug,. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6
Hey OMT, question about a gameplay bug,.

This is something that has killed me constantly in 09. I think it's a bug? Anyway, it needs to be taken out completely. Or at least fixed ... I mean c'mon.

I'm not sure who's job it is to create animations for certain situations, but whoever made this should be BEATEN with a very very very very very large blunt object.

It's a blocking animation. The blocker will come up behind the blockee at an angle (usually hits them on the back of one of the shoulders), and they'll push them from behind.

This is an OBVIOUS clip (and is never ONCE been called in my games). Not only that, but this happens probably 40+ times a game. Actually, it probably happens EVERY OTHER play and sometimes multiple people on certain plays. It's incredibly cheap.

THIS is why so many big plays happens. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back into replay mode and looked at a play, and this stupid animation triggers and knocks out my defender who's in perfect position for the tackle.

I just don't get why someone would put this animation in the game. It's infuriating, stupid, and I never see it in an actual (IRL) game.

Okay, here are screens of it happening. This is all in a matter of one drive. (and the other on with MSU I had stored from another game)

Like I said. WTF is up with that BS animation?

[/end rant + feedback]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

Re: Hey OMT, question about a gameplay bug,.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

OMT doesn't do gameplay I guess. These are annoying on screens and kick returns, though.

Youtube
Old 03-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

This along with the "greased pig" animation usually results in a td for the cpu. All tds I have allowed vs the cpu have come on 3rd and 4th down robo runs or curls where the WR breaks the first tackle and my safeties are nowhere to be found. WTF?

But OMT has nothin to do with the crappy animations

Old 03-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

This isn't really a place for him to tell me how he's personally going to fix it.

I just want him to see and it do whatever he can to tell the appropriate person to fix this. It's unacceptable and ruins the game at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
This isn't really a place for him to tell me how he's personally going to fix it.

I just want him to see and it do whatever he can to tell the appropriate person to fix this. It's unacceptable and ruins the game at times.
Agreed

Old 03-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
This along with the "greased pig" animation usually results in a td for the cpu. All tds I have allowed vs the cpu have come on 3rd and 4th down robo runs or curls where the WR breaks the first tackle and my safeties are nowhere to be found. WTF?

But OMT has nothin to do with the crappy animations
You mean the shimmie move that causes the defender to completely lose concentration and all train of thought temporarily? And maybe even fall over? What kills me is how they use that animation when the D is chasing them from behind.

As for the OP, you are spot on. I've noticed this too. I'd love to have an actual penalty system where a holding would actually take place. I'd also like to see more penalties take place when people take control over WR's and DB's. If they cause illegal contact it would be cool if the flag was thrown right then and there each time. It would clean things up a lot and make people use more caution before they do this and cause the risk to be much higher.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
You mean the shimmie move that causes the defender to completely lose concentration and all train of thought temporarily? And maybe even fall over? What kills me is how they use that animation when the D is chasing them from behind.
This is EXACTLY the one Im talkin about

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »