Home

My type of Dynasty

This is a discussion on My type of Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
My type of Dynasty

Instead of starting out in the offseason with just recruiting, depth chart, schedules, etc. I would like:

- Spring Practices and Games - It would give us a chance to see how well our team is and let the younger guys get experience. The practice would let us actually have the chance to have an influence on training results. I hate having a kicker go up 10+ points and my receiver I plan to throw to goes up 1. Let us improve the team we want.

- Let us change our conference games. If we are allowed to change our non-con games, let us change our conf. games. Let me play #4GT instead of 0-11 Duke.

- Make the polls accurate. I recently started a OD with me being Eastern Michigan, then Buffalo, Toledo, Temple. Buffalo was ranked in the 3rd week at 3-0. I was ranked in week 7 at 5-2. Toledo was ranked in week 10 at 8-2 and had lost to ranked opponents only. And I can't stand when BYU overlaps a 11-1 Miami who lost to #1 USC.

- Uniform matcher. Maybe I want a Green top and Orange bottom with Miami. Or an all white jersey or maybe all green/orange.

I had a whole list of ideas, but forgot them while posting. Discuss what you think of my list.

Last edited by canes21; 03-08-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My type of Dynasty

That's spot on, especially with the uniforms/spring practices/conference games.

They schedule them so inconveniantly, to. ( I know I spelled that wrong).

We should at least be able to choose what week we want them in.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Conference schedules are set based on how the schedules actually play out in the future with set rotations. No need to complain about that when they are trying to make the scheduling realistic. They have made some errors but getting actual conference schedules in is a big thing. We have to operate within conference guidelines so it's not like you'd ever be able to do something like that when the schedules are set for years to come. It would be nice, but...

I'd love for Spring Games to be back in period, and I fully support any uniform requests to mix and match or update/customize as long as it isn't tacky.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

you have to play certain teams in your conference so they get a chance at playinhg everyone, you cant just schedule high ranked teams every year so u can be ranked higher
Old 03-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I am not saying that. I know you have to play 8 conf. games. But since they allow us to change schedules and everything else. Just let us change which team we play. I don't want to play FSU every year, I want to play them and Clemson every other year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

I would love to see spring games back and the ability to change jerseys around. But I am with others on the conference schedule, they are set up to play who you would in real life so it wouldn't be very realistic to be able to change who you play. Although I wouldn't mind the ability to change around what week I play teams.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

If you want to stay realistic than you can leave them. But in my OD there is 4 of us in the same conference and I only played two others. I was the only one too who played more than one other user. It would be nice to have the option to play all three of them.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

I would not mind having the option to switch around who you play during the conference season. I understand that teams have to schedule their OOC games around the conference, but I sometimes I'd like to switch it up. For example, if I'm Miami I might want to move Boston College to the season finale, or move FSU back to the middle of the season. It wouldn't be a major change, it would just be giving you the option to override the CPU-generated schedules if you felt it was necessary. There's nothing wrong with maximizing customization.
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »