Home

Make speed just like kick power!!

This is a discussion on Make speed just like kick power!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #33
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Make speed just like kick power!!

This is a great thread. I hope OMT sees it. I fully agree that there are way too many speed freaks in this game, particularly in the dynasties. I also agree that realistically we should only see one 99 speed guy every 10 years. However, this is a video game so to as a compromise I say we should see 2-3 every 4 or 5 years. We should see no more than 15 players with speed above 95 every 5 years (3 per year).

What makes the speed freaks even worse is the fact that speed is the only attribute that matters. Like some poster earlier wrote, his 99 speed receiver with catch ratings of 40 still caught 10 TD passes as the number 3 receiver. They really need to fix the underlying code behind the effectiveness of each rating. Right now they are just cosmetics. Ian, in his Madden blogs, wrote that they are spreading out the ratings in Madden. Basically, right now the ratings for receivers range from around mid 70s to 99s. What Ian is talking about is making the range go from say 45 to 99. IMO, this won't solve the problem. The guy who created the 99 speed receiver with 40 catch rating already proved this won't solve the problem. The code needs to change to make ratings matter.

Here is a very eye-opening video for you guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBltC...eature=related

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 03-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #34
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Oh, I see this thread turned into a who is fastest thread. Let me settle it here. Holliday is the classic blazing speed guy that is not much of a football player. He runs faster than Flash but doesn't do much in the way of cutting, juking, making people miss, etc, so he doesn't produce as well on the field like Harvin. If he is accurately rated at 99 speed in NCAA he immediately becomes one of the top 10 most feared receivers in the game.

Holiday is the fastest baller in the NCAA. His best time in the 100m is 10:01. Jeffrey Demps beat that time with 10:01 in last year's US Olympic trials in Eugen Oregon. Demps' time was wind aided with everyone posting personal bests. For arguments sake I consider both of them 1A and 1B in terms of fastest NCAA players. The International Association of Athletics Federation keeps the official stats on track speed. You can do your own research on their site here: http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/recor...00/detail.html

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 03-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #35
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane

Here is a very eye-opening video for you guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBltCqsFs0A&
feature=related
Woooooow....I knew it!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 8

Teddy No Ankles LOL! The speed factor can be nullified a little if the defense would take better angles though. Looking at some footage from earlier post, all the speed guys were caught when the defensive player took a good angle or was in position to make a play. Demps didn't score on every play for example. The way these woud score is if they broke the defenders ankles which would be agility. After a player makes a cut he needs acceleration to get back to top speed and the game can 't replicate reality in that aspect yet. I swear I saw Jahvid Best run through somebody on his vid though. But with Best is where agility and acceleration would/should come in cuz that is no where near just a speed rating.

Last edited by jbdeuce; 03-10-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: forgot a sentecnce
Old 03-11-2009, 03:23 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

The agility rating matters to an extent in the college game, I personally signed a 4 star WR who was 6'7 with 97 speed but his agility was pretty low like an 80 or high 70's.

If he ran flys or any sort of straight pattern he was fine just like when you ran with him if you ran straight everything was fine. But once he started to cut or spin or juke he'd move at a really almost slow motion type speed and if he cut quickly at all he would lose his balance and half to put his hand on the ground to turn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »