Home

Is NCAA getting the gameplay improvement that Madden just announced this week?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA getting the gameplay improvement that Madden just announced this week? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #57
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Is NCAA getting the gameplay improvement that Madden just announced this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
That seems pretty clear to me.

Greg didn't say they changes wouldn't be included, just that they would impact Madden more due to NCAA's rating already being fairly spread out.
I'm not too familiar with these "stretched" ratings. I do know that a lot of rating work has been done in NCAA, so these ratings will effect player OVR and in-game performance.

As far as what rating value is assigned each player, we have a different rating guy than Madden. He also has about 4 times as many players to rate.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #58
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Is NCAA getting the gameplay improvement that Madden just announced this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
OMT said the ratings were in, and the Madden blog was about ratings...
That wasnt it Madden also talked about the QB's passing speed. is that in as well?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #59
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'm not too familiar with these "stretched" ratings. I do know that a lot of rating work has been done in NCAA, so these ratings will effect player OVR and in-game performance.

As far as what rating value is assigned each player, we have a different rating guy than Madden. He also has about 4 times as many players to rate.
As long as it effects in game performance were good!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #60
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Yes, but he's not rating actual players, just trying to reflect each school's strengths and weaknesses:P

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #61
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

The real ? is will the ratings actually matter? Will they work & show up on the field? 3 or 1 new rating that doesnt work is pointless.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »