Home

Think we'll ever get band/team specific halftime shows like this in NCAA?

This is a discussion on Think we'll ever get band/team specific halftime shows like this in NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Think we'll ever get band/team specific halftime shows like this in NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Good points about the teams.

Maybe Next Generation.
It would look great but do we really need this much?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ The specific animations set to music would be a lot to accomplish properly in one cycle, I agree.

But you know, I just thought of a simpler alternative where you could have non-specific animations seen at field level put to music on a beat you could set (BPM's). I have a really hot idea for how it could work. I think I'll post in the Wishlist thread. Maybe a future version could use it.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Absolutely not!! But it would be cool if we did. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

No disrespect to anybody who like the band or halftime shows. But when I think of halftime I think of consession stands! This would be something I think most people would watch once(maybe twice) than skip after that. I think when creating atmosphere you gotta be careful thats it not something that will get boring quickly.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #13
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Speaking of this there are several audio facets that could use updating. We have been listening to the same band tracks and PA announcer since the PS1 days. Will we ever get higher quality fight songs??

Sideshow Bob
Old 03-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
No disrespect to anybody who like the band or halftime shows. But when I think of halftime I think of consession stands! This would be something I think most people would watch once(maybe twice) than skip after that. I think when creating atmosphere you gotta be careful thats it not something that will get boring quickly.
That might be why they created the interactive Rockband style version, too. That sounds really interesting. The way it's supposed to work is that when you battle an opponent band, if you win you go into the second half with more momentum. I don't know how momentum works in that regard, but it sounds interesting right now on paper, lol.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Speaking of this there are several audio facets that could use updating. We have been listening to the same band tracks and PA announcer since the PS1 days. Will we ever get higher quality fight songs??
Well I think custom soundtracks take care of that, but I've never used them myself. I wanted this a lot more in my NFL games, but I digress. I think the fight songs should be better out of the box though.

The one thing I've never liked about the Fight songs is that they don't sound like they're playing in the stadium. They sound like perfect pristine studio versions (which they appear to be). To put it bluntly, whoever is doing the audio for this is not putting any thought or creativity into this at all. Some work needs to be done to do either of the following:

*Do some sound engineering work to make the tracks sound like live tracks rather than perfect studio recording (different filters and effects are available to make that possible, I know because I've used them extensively myself as a pro in that field)...

*Get live recordings of the Fight Songs at games. The background noise can be edited out... I used to do that kind of thing with Soundforge all the time. It was fun chopping down wave peaks at just the right points until like 3am, lol. Anyway, getting the recordings live will be tougher from the standpoint of getting all the schools to cooperate... so if not, do #1.

The bottom line is that the songs need to sound like they're playing at the game. Right now, they sound very fake in the sense that they're a bit too pristine. No College football game has gotten this right yet, so I don't blame that just on EA, but since they're the only game in town...

If EA doesn't do that and I honestly don't see it happening this season, I may just do some sound work on a few Fight Songs and post them as examples. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking some work on the reverb and bass depth (may need to lighten the compression effects) might be a few of the missing elements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #16
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Well I think custom soundtracks take care of that, but I've never used them myself. I wanted this a lot more in my NFL games, but I digress. I think the fight songs should be better out of the box though.

The one thing I've never liked about the Fight songs is that they don't sound like they're playing in the stadium. They sound like perfect pristine studio versions (which they appear to be). To put it bluntly, whoever is doing the audio for this is not putting any thought or creativity into this at all. Some work needs to be done to do either of the following:

*Do some sound engineering work to make the tracks sound like live tracks rather than perfect studio recording (different filters and effects are available to make that possible, I know because I've used them extensively myself as a pro in that field)...
We do that. They sound different in game than they do in the front end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »