Home

My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol

This is a discussion on My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #73
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol

You call that cheese??? Wow!!! I guess teams aren't allowed to throw the ball in the flats at all, then. Heck, how about if he tells you what play he's going to run before he runs it so you can approve it as non-cheese. Or, maybe he should just script the game for you, since all of college football is so predictable and bland.

Hope ya caught the sarcasm there. Your failure to adapt to his playcalling does not constitute cheesing. Throwing a timing route to a wide open receiver off the screen isn't cheesesque, either. It's knowing your offense. I'm the commissioner of a 12-team dynasty that is in week 11 of season 9. We have one rule that we've had to add, and that dealt with going for it on 4th down. Sounds like u should look in the mirror for why you lost.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #74
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
This really is nothing, I was once in a dynasty where my commish would recruit HB's, LB's and Athletes intended to be HB's and make them DE's.

When called on it he would go into this rage about how "that happens in real life" you know not factoring in that on a video game a 180lb 95 speed end will kill people where in real life a OT would just flat back him.
I have converted many hbs to DEs in my day except If I am recruiting a HB to be DE I will not get someone who has better speed then 89. With teh speed at DE you can actually get a solid pass rush.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #75
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

i dont really see any cheesing here.
3rd and short PA...psh. Thats good strategy not cheesing (unless you were winning by alot which it obviously appears you werent)
FB dives, eh. 5 times isn't really cheesing. If he was having really good success with it and ran it like 10+ times, you could call cheesing. But really I don't see any of that going on here.
Just let it go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #76
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
i dont really see any cheesing here.
3rd and short PA...psh. Thats good strategy not cheesing (unless you were winning by alot which it obviously appears you werent)
FB dives, eh. 5 times isn't really cheesing. If he was having really good success with it and ran it like 10+ times, you could call cheesing. But really I don't see any of that going on here.
Just let it go.
10 times is the limit. Over that, a little too much. But if a play is working, teams in real life will run them more often as well. I've seen a team run a Power G 4 straight times against the Lions before because they got 8 yards each time. I guess they cheesed in real life too.

I'm not going to run the same play more than 2 times in a row no matter what it is, and usually the only play I run 2 times in a row is a HB iso, because VT has no speed backs and going outside is worthless.

But, at one post earlier: HOW IS A FB DIVE IN THE GOAL LINE CHEESE? Teams use that play OFTEN in real life. See: UNC with Ryan Houston.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #77
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
10 times is the limit. Over that, a little too much. But if a play is working, teams in real life will run them more often as well. I've seen a team run a Power G 4 straight times against the Lions before because they got 8 yards each time. I guess they cheesed in real life too.

I'm not going to run the same play more than 2 times in a row no matter what it is, and usually the only play I run 2 times in a row is a HB iso, because VT has no speed backs and going outside is worthless.

But, at one post earlier: HOW IS A FB DIVE IN THE GOAL LINE CHEESE? Teams use that play OFTEN in real life. See: UNC with Ryan Houston.
Exactly. FB dive at the goal line is not cheesing.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #78
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Wow, somebody did some searching to find a thread from March!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 07-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 39

Well Ncaa 10 is out now so... bye gones?
Old 07-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #80
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Well Ncaa 10 is out now so... bye gones?
It comes out next week?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »