Home

My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol

This is a discussion on My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #33
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol

neither play is cheese, its called playing solid defense, they both can be stopped by simply calling certain defenses, especially if you know its coming. Its called playing the game and not whinning when you get beat.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 03-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #34
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I usually mix in a FB play action play a couple times a game, I doubt it would work with my 75 speed FB if I did it more than that.... Since when is it cheese? i have played certain players that I caught on they liked to do that and had it shut down pretty easily.
Pretty much what I have going on. I have 78 spd FB as well as an 85 spd FB but the 78 is more complete so I rarely use the other. The only time I use it is when I have one side stacked and there is no one on the other side and a 10 yard gain is usually tops. If you run it against a Cover 2, you have screwed up royally and it usually costs you six. There are several players in our OD that can easily pick up on this and manually defend it with little or no gain even when the field is stacked to the weak side.

Placing a fast HB at FB is frowned upon and that can lead to huge gains. It's pretty much cheese.

Someone else mentioned playing with the Tampa 2. What playbook is this in? Wasn't that a type of D you could choose from or at least a playbook in last gen?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #35
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

I have played the person you are talking about and he is very straight, running 2 FB dives and 2 fb leaks isnt cheesing. Obviously I havent played you and I dont know the whole situation but that is my 2 cents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #36
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

lol Fb flats cheese. call cover 2 or have a safety match up with the FB. If u blitz while they are in playaction and you usually can get a easy sack.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #37
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12

The only time i truly see FB Flats as being cheese is when those FBs are natural RBs. As we see it in Madden when people play as the Cowboys and Marion Barber is the FB with Felix Jones behind him. Those type of activities reek of cheese!!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #38
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
sim is too broad to type. i really dont feel like it.
Does anyone else who understand what this guy is talking about, care to explain what "sim leagues" or "sim gamers" are?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #39
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmanj
The only time i truly see FB Flats as being cheese is when those FBs are natural RBs.
I am inclined to agree with this. But if they put a RB at #1 on the FB depth chart, it's easy to detect, just take a peek at their depth chart. The problem is, they can be sneaky though and set the Dual HB lineup, that is hard to detect. You have to look for it as the players are coming to the line, not easy to see and not much time when you are doing all the other pre-play prep. At that point it's mostly a matter of knowing you're opponent's tendencies and guessing whether it's likely. It would be nice if you could see this while calling your play (i.e. instead of seeing 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE you would see 2 HB, 0 FB, 2 WR, 1 TE).
Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #40
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12

I liked how in Madden 08 they listed the personnel that was gonna be on the field for the upcoming play if the offense picked their play before you. If that could make a return in both games, that would help sim guys stop cheesers in their tracks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »