Home

Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10?

A lot of you people, like me, hate people that cheat or "cheese" in online dynastys. I enjoy this feature a lot but here are some suggestions to make the OD better for this year. Feel free to add anymore...
  • Ability to pick which plays/playbook is not allowed
This got anoying having everyone using the infamous Tennesse playbook or using really cheap plays against the cpu teams or even human players. The commish can pick what is not allowed so no one can use those kind of plays.
  • Locked in player postitions
I hated it. People using there CB at QB or moving there recievers to FB. The worst part is people were doing this against the CPU and could get away with it. Maybe for 1 or 2 plays Ill move my WR to FB and throw it to him and no one will ever know. It got out of hand. This feature allows you to lock-in players to there respectible postitions.
  • Ability to turn the speed button off
I know what some of you are thinking, WHY!? I want this feature as it will make the game a whole lot more realistic. Players don't sprint every play. Your slot reciever should not burn everybody all the time. The CPU does not sprint so you should not get a advavntage over them. More and more people have noticed that speed can infact ruin this game and having an option to turn this off will help dramatically. Though I'm not saying that QB's can scramble anymore but just not so there not sprinting but rather scrambling.

Last edited by Potatoes002; 03-19-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10?

^^^^ All those are bad ideas! No disrespect but if they fix the issues that they are already aware of that should solve most(if not all) your problems. A game you have to have those kind of rules is a game I dont wanna play at all.

The answer is not limiting what gamers can do its limiting the success they have when "chessing". Anything other than that and you kill the game itself!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

That's why the commish has the option to do this or not. Some people like it the way it is, others do not. Having an option would please everybody.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
That's why the commish has the option to do this or not. Some people like it the way it is, others do not. Having an option would please everybody.
I understand and I am all for option in some cases ,but for my money the kinda stuff need to be fix or NCAA 10 is crap and aint worth a dime.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
Pro

rayricemvp's Arena

OVR: 9

i would say qbs should not be able to throw while sprinting, like the receiver's buttons disappear while r2 is down (like in madden i think?). maybe there could be exceptions if its a designed bootleg but too many people just run around with their qb and throw perfect passes.

also, i somewhat agree with locked in player positions, but mlb's should be able to be switched to olb and etc

Worker's Dynasty:
#14 Rutgers, 1-1 (2x Big East Champs)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayricemvp
i would say qbs should not be able to throw while sprinting, like the receiver's buttons disappear while r2 is down (like in madden i think?). maybe there could be exceptions if its a designed bootleg but too many people just run around with their qb and throw perfect passes.

also, i somewhat agree with locked in player positions, but mlb's should be able to be switched to olb and etc
If I throw on the run with a QB who doesn't have good THA, I end up getting picked off more than I throw completions. That sounds... just about right, really.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDeDeDe
If I throw on the run with a QB who doesn't have good THA, I end up getting picked off more than I throw completions. That sounds... just about right, really.
I agree. Most of the time my QB misses the little dump off passes that should be easy to make while on the run. More times than not, the pass sails.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

I disagree with the original topic. If this is going on in your OD and you are the commish then you need to boot some people from the league. If you aren't the commish then you need to find another OD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »