Home

Speed Burst

This is a discussion on Speed Burst within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #33
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Speed Burst

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
I don't think having a sprint button is unrealistic. I think there's more sprinting in real football than a lot of you guys are making it out to be. Let's take a look at some common scenarios which involve more sprinting just bursts.
-Sweep run play... running back and unblocked defenders are pretty much sprinting until the ballcarrier is corraled.
-Kickoffs/punts... lots of sprinting here.
-Routes... WRs are sprinting other than in and out of cuts.

It makes sense to me. Hold the button down = you are trying to accelerate to full speed. Don't hold the button down = you are trying to run at less than full speed. Not every situation calls for sprinting, sometimes you want to slow down before making a cut, or so as to be able to react to the opponent. There may be some players who hold down the sprint button all the time, but if they do I suspect that it causes mistakes.
I played football and your not just sprinting out there most of the time when you run its more control. I did track and football and sprinting and running fast is two different thing. Thats why I think the 40 is so overrated.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #34
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
You keep mis-understanding my point. I'm not going to keep running in circles about it. Sprint removal by 2011 is what I want.
I would love sprint removal by 2010 this isnt track and field after all. What im saying is player do have burst and it should be in the game also.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #35
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Nah. The translation of burst into NCAA wouldn't be realistic. Or I don't think it would be. Thats my main reason for not wanting it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #36
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Ok your concern is how it will be implemented. Once again its always a question when dealing with EA. Nonetheless I think it super important that players' burst be represented ,but if I had to choose between a sprint button or nothing I vote nothing as well.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #37
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I played football and your not just sprinting out there most of the time when you run its more control.
So did I. You aren't always pushing to go full speed. That's why you can let go of the sprint button. Like I said, if someone is always holding down the sprint button in NCAA, they are going to pay for it because he'll be out of control. And if someone is always holding downt he sprint button and not paying for it, then there's a problem.

I don't agree with the suggestion that there should only be a short burst and not the ability to actually sprint. Tip: Holding down the sprint button for a short period of time is the kind of burst you want.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #38
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
So did I. You aren't always pushing to go full speed. That's why you can let go of the sprint button. Like I said, if someone is always holding down the sprint button in NCAA, they are going to pay for it because he'll be out of control. And if someone is always holding downt he sprint button and not paying for it, then there's a problem.

I don't agree with the suggestion that there should only be a short burst and not the ability to actually sprint. Tip: Holding down the sprint button for a short period of time is the kind of burst you want.
What Im saying is this when you move the stick in any direction that player should be trying to get to top speed but to get to that top speed you must travel straight long enough to reach top speed if for any reason you have to alter your direction you should have to break some speed(how much depend on how sharpe the movement and players ratings). If you reach top speed and you try to change direction without slowing down 1st there should be some kinda penalty(losing your footing or something). As we all know in playing or watching football player can kick it in gear at the right time to help them reach top speed in a step or two this would be the burst that I mentioned.

The sprint button suggest that we can run at top speed from the moment the balls snap to the whistle. Which is not true. Player would just crash into any and everybody if they would sprint at top speed all play all day long.

I would define football speed as the ability to reach top speed inbetween making the necessary moves to get to the objective point on the field.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played some FS in High School. I know that I had to read and react, and do all the things that are encompassed within the game of football..

When it came down to getting stuff done, I sprinted all the ****in time. I know that as a FS I got to read QB's and WR's and play a lot of zone, but when I knew where I was going, I didn't **** around... I got on my horse and gave it all I had.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #40
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAsterkillah
I played some FS in High School. I know that I had to read and react, and do all the things that are encompassed within the game of football..

When it came down to getting stuff done, I sprinted all the ****in time. I know that as a FS I got to read QB's and WR's and play a lot of zone, but when I knew where I was going, I didn't **** around... I got on my horse and gave it all I had.
I ask have you run track before? Because there is a difference between running fast and sprinting. Im not saying your half-assing it(God knows I got fussed at enough to know that your not out there skipping and holding hands LOL) but when your attacking the play your not going in an all out sprint because I would shake you out of your shoes if you dont approach me taking the right angles and your just sprinting all out! I make every tackle on NCAA using the sprint button I never have to break down or anything that is not real football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »