Home

QB Progressions! the best feature they can add and the easy one too!

This is a discussion on QB Progressions! the best feature they can add and the easy one too! within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: QB Progressions! the best feature they can add and the easy one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Let's say I'm controlling Sam Bradford. With the passing cone, the cone affects what Sam sees, it doesn't affect what I see. I can see the cone and also what's in and around it on the screen, and what's on the screen doesn't suddenly change drastically. I don't have to be too smooth or exact with controlling the cone (Sam's eyes) as long as the receiver ends up in the cone.
If instead the camera follows the QB's eyes, then what's on my screen is subject to drastic changes when Sam turns his head. That makes the screen much harder to process and makes it very important to be smooth precise with controlling Sam's eyes, which is very hard to do on top of everything else. It's a double-whammy.

Plus, it's screws up things like leading receivers. Right now, left means lead toward the left sideline, right means lead toward the right sideline, up means lead long, down means lead short. But if the camera view suddenly changes from facing down the middle to facing the right sideline, how are you supposed to be able to get the direction right when leading the receiver?
I think your taking the concept of looking at a WR too literal. Much like the passing cone you will look to sides and the PA feature will allow your Qb eyes to follow sid WR. So you will still see the coverage on that side and changing Wr will be quick. Where you will be penalies is looking from one side of the field to the other but it wont be that bad.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Ah.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #19
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

I had another idea that can make this Qb progression even better. They can use AWR to determine how fast a Qb switches targets. This will affect player and CPU alike.

More AWR Qb's understand the play better and can ID there Wr's a split second quickier than less AWR Qb's. And in football that split second can be the difference between 6 points for your team or 6 points for the other team!

The more I think about it the more Im loving this idea.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #20
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

^^You can entertain yourself with ideas to make the passing game more realistic.

But I'm pretty sure it's fact that the passing controls (for the most part) will be identical to what they've been in years past.

I once was an advocate to change the passing game. But now, I'm content with where it's at.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #21
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
^^You can entertain yourself with ideas to make the passing game more realistic.

But I'm pretty sure it's fact that the passing controls (for the most part) will be identical to what they've been in years past.

I once was an advocate to change the passing game. But now, I'm content with where it's at.
Well there going have to dull me into submission!

This is the first time they have brought up "PA"(though im sure they had it before). Whats the point of coming up with new stuff if it wont improve the game? I dont think it will be that foreign or difficult to implement.

NCAA has still yet to confirm "SIM" is there goal ,but as much as there bumming Madden tech I hope the "SIM" thing is rubbing off as well. But there is nothing "SIM" about dropping back seeing the entire field except the flats. Then to top it off throwing to a Wr the Qb never saw.

Hopefully if these forum are really about "change" this is getting in a dev. ear!

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »