Home

Button Smasher or Lazy Bones?

This is a discussion on Button Smasher or Lazy Bones? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Button Smasher or Lazy Bones
Button Smasher (2k Games) 7 36.84%
Lazy Bones (EA Games) 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #9
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Button Smasher or Lazy Bones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I dont like neither! I dont think either one is a good reflection of "kicking it into gear". I really dislike EA's idea of a sprint button. Im not sure of how many played football at any level but I dont remember sprinting all over the field everyplay. I do remember pushing it or "kicking it in gear" at the right time to run away from defender or to close in on the tackle though.

So thats what I want from my sports game a button for a quick burst and not sprinting. Sprinting should happen when you move in a straight line for more than 7 or so yards.
You actually said something very similar to what i said on another topic in this same board. My question to you is, have you played NHL since 08? They don't have a sprint button in there at all and i LOVE how the speed all plays out. If you have played NHL, do you like how the speed is arranged on there? I would enjoy if a similar speed system is implemented into the EA Football rings. Maybe with a burst button like you said where it can only be used in certain situations to maximize its benefits.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmanj
You actually said something very similar to what i said on another topic in this same board. My question to you is, have you played NHL since 08? They don't have a sprint button in there at all and i LOVE how the speed all plays out. If you have played NHL, do you like how the speed is arranged on there? I would enjoy if a similar speed system is implemented into the EA Football rings. Maybe with a burst button like you said where it can only be used in certain situations to maximize its benefits.
No but I keep hearing great things about that system. If EA is opening there doors to each other hopefully it wont take long for them to use that idea. Because there is nothing "sim" about either 2K or EA system.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

I never felt like I hit top speed with the button mashing. Thats the only reason I didnt vote for the button mashing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #12
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Definite lazy bones

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »