Home

NCAA transfer Madden rating?

This is a discussion on NCAA transfer Madden rating? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA transfer Madden rating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
How are we to know how good somebody will be in the pros? Tom Brady would have had a 58-64 projection but he's the best QB in the pro's right now!

Jimmy Clausen as much as he sucks now(LOL @ me taking shots @ Clausen) he might be a great pro QB(I wouldnt hold my breathe though).
Great point about Tom Brady. In fact he wasn't on Madden 2001 which was his rookie season. Tom derserved a low rating when he came out of college, but he EARNED his current rating. Anyways, Tom Brady is a great example of why Madden progression/degression needs a change but thats a different discussion.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

This isn't something we could really do. All of the player conversion happens in Madden. All NCAA does is generate a save file that can be loaded by Madden. So we have (well, the game has) no idea what will happen on Madden's end.

I'm sure it COULD be done with coordination between the two games, but I see potential for a lot of bugs since Madden finals a month after NCAA. Once we final, anything Madden does to the player ratings could make what is shown in NCAA wrong.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
This isn't something we could really do. All of the player conversion happens in Madden. All NCAA does is generate a save file that can be loaded by Madden. So we have (well, the game has) no idea what will happen on Madden's end.

I'm sure it COULD be done with coordination between the two games, but I see potential for a lot of bugs since Madden finals a month after NCAA. Once we final, anything Madden does to the player ratings could make what is shown in NCAA wrong.

From what i've noticed a lot of the ratings for NCAA are just spend off of the ratings for Madden.

I've been doing rosters for EA's games and the ratings don't change that much in basketball or football

What i mean is that to surprise in NBA Live they haven't changed the player ratings in like 3-4 years each guy keeps his same ratings almost.

In NCAA Football when you look at most of the players who have moved on to the NFL (Madden) you'll find duplicate ratings of those guys in NCAA Football at that same posistion if you observe closely.

So, I don't think the ratings change that much with the acception of awareness being reduced because the players are starting all over again in NCAA or Madden.

It's not a big deal IMO but most people don't screw around with the ratings in most of these games and there for they might not even notice that players are being recylced or duplicated all over again in EA's sports games year after year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Ok thanks. That pretty much ends this discussion. ha ha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »