Home

NCAA transfer Madden rating?

This is a discussion on NCAA transfer Madden rating? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 19
NCAA transfer Madden rating?

Hey just thought about this. I thought it'd be interesting to see NCAA players have a Pro-rating. It would be cool to see a player's rating for Madden while bringing him up.

Ex: Tim Tebow: NCAA- 99ovl....Madden- 70 ovl
Michael CrabTree: NCAA- 99ovl....Madden- 82 ovl

This (for me) would help me understand and want to buy NCAA for the purpose of transfering the rosters to Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Re: NCAA transfer Madden rating?

Good idea. I've mentioned something similar, probably in the wishlist thread, but the premiums should be placed on THP and THA, along with AWA. Someone's OVR in Madden shouldn't be sky-high just because they have all the SPD, AGI, ACC with poor passing skills. There should be a point where lack of speed can hurt a QB's OVR but there should be some way to make the great QB's good on Madden and make the gimmick, scrambling QB's lower when they transfer to Madden.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

I guess so, but nobody really knows for sure how a player will do in the pros when he's in college - there's always busts and surprises. Not saying that EA does it right now, but just giving a "Madden rating" would be too black-and-white for my taste.
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Old 03-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
I guess so, but nobody really knows for sure how a player will do in the pros when he's in college - there's always busts and surprises. Not saying that EA does it right now, but just giving a "Madden rating" would be too black-and-white for my taste.
My point was, in the NFL if you don't have the THP and THA, you won't be able to make the necessary throws, therefore the THP and THA should "weigh" much more. A guy with a weaker arm will be rated significantly lower since he can't make as many tough throws. Basically if THP and THA weigh more it will weed out some of the weaker players that make the transition. That's pretty simple. It would also separate the good ones from the borderline ones. There have been a ton of great NCAA QB's that never make it a day in the NFL.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
My point was, in the NFL if you don't have the THP and THA, you won't be able to make the necessary throws, therefore the THP and THA should "weigh" much more. A guy with a weaker arm will be rated significantly lower since he can't make as many tough throws. Basically if THP and THA weigh more it will weed out some of the weaker players that make the transition. That's pretty simple. It would also separate the good ones from the borderline ones. There have been a ton of great NCAA QB's that never make it a day in the NFL.
My question is why do we need a seperate rating scale to do this?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Just to clairfy i am only refering to the entry rating a player could receive when importing that player into Madden. I am not saying that will be that players ceiling rating.

Cane_Mutiny...what if the rating would be more broad itself and also a player could a progression rating.

Ex:Jimmy Clausen NCAA 85 ovl...Madden 68-74 ovl...progression rating B-/80.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17
Just to clairfy i am only refering to the entry rating a player could receive when importing that player into Madden. I am not saying that will be that players ceiling rating.

Cane_Mutiny...what if the rating would be more broad itself and also a player could a progression rating.

Ex:Jimmy Clausen NCAA 85 ovl...Madden 68-74 ovl...progression rating B-/80.
How are we to know how good somebody will be in the pros? Tom Brady would have had a 58-64 projection but he's the best QB in the pro's right now!

Jimmy Clausen as much as he sucks now(LOL @ me taking shots @ Clausen) he might be a great pro QB(I wouldnt hold my breathe though).

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
My question is why do we need a seperate rating scale to do this?
There needs to be seperate scales because College Football is different than Pro Football. The best example i can give you is Reggie Bush.

At the college level Bush definately deserved a high rating. He was the best athlete in college football that year. People would go nuts if he had that same rating in the Pros.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »