Home

1st Impressions of the screen shots!

This is a discussion on 1st Impressions of the screen shots! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: 1st Impressions of the screen shots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
(Looks for all those guys that we're all about gameplay and doesn't see any..)

LOL. Seriously though, I'm not as disappointed as some of you guys, but I am not jumping for joy at these screens.
Are there any vids?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #34
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
(Looks for all those guys that we're all about gameplay and doesn't see any..)

LOL. Seriously though, I'm not as disappointed as some of you guys, but I am not jumping for joy at these screens.
This is the same game last year minus what Madden give'em! Well thats my impression so far! Maybe they get me back with later updates!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

Looks pretty close to me
Remember when we saw the Ppl on the sidelines last year? We were very happy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
you know what else i noticed....all the pictures say "WIP" on them!!! oh my god!! they are a work in progress! things can be changed and im sure there is alot of things that havent been added yet that your not seeing. I wouldnt get your panties all in a bunch over a few screens that are released months ahead of release.
This excuse has been used for every feature every year that I've followed NCAA's development (starting on NCAA 2005).

As of now, I have yet to see one actual problem that was discussed early in the cycle not make the final build. Granted, the developers assure us that it's fixed in the final build, but it never is.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #37
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
This excuse has been used for every feature every year that I've followed NCAA's development (starting on NCAA 2005).

As of now, I have yet to see one actual problem that was discussed early in the cycle not make the final build. Granted, the developers assure us that it's fixed in the final build, but it never is.
i agree with you on that, but see im from cleveland and i unfortunately live by the old saying "there's always next year". Any fan of cleveland sports knows that saying all too well. All im trying to say is whats the point of arguing and getting all upset over things we dont know about until we get the final game. Its like arguing whos going to win the tourny right now. Anything can happen. Miracles do occur. So we will see on july 14th

Last edited by slickzeus; 03-20-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
you know what else i noticed....all the pictures say "WIP" on them!!! oh my god!! they are a work in progress! things can be changed and im sure there is alot of things that havent been added yet that your not seeing. I wouldnt get your panties all in a bunch over a few screens that are released months ahead of release.
Last year most of the pictures WIP on them, and when the screens from the final build came... nothing changed. That is how it will be this year. No dreads/ long hair in general, no hand towel Sh*t revolution face masks and no hand warmers. I might rent this.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:30 AM   #39
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I think I speak for the hardcore gaming community when I say "Why would we want players to look like the actually players if they dont look like that actually player"? What I saying is they put so much into graphics every year to improve players models(which is fine) ,but If the details arent they're they end up looking pretty generic anyways.
Pure gold man.

Meh... Personally, I'm not too interested in the graphics. I can understand that people might want something that makes it stand out from past games, and i'm sure I'd appreciate it too if that happened (it still might!). But mostly I just want them to fix all the issues with OD while also adding some great new features to it (that work correctly) and improving the game play. The graphics are just gravy.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:49 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 7

This gets real annoying year after year. Hopes of a great game, and complete disappointment after the first screens are released. Something as simple as a hand towel, some eye paint, a new revo face mask, some multi colored team oriented cleats, something, would send me jumping for joy because I'd be assured that EA finally paid attention to our request and implemented them into the game. Details that are as minor and overdue as this would make me a happy gamer. Unfortunately, as the first screens show, it's the same old story. I just don't know what is going on with EA? It isn't just NCAA, it's ALL their sports games. I'm baffled. I can't wait until somebody other than EA is making football games. Someone who pushes EA to innovate, because this is getting ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »