Home

1st Impressions of the screen shots!

This is a discussion on 1st Impressions of the screen shots! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2009, 01:48 AM   #41
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 1st Impressions of the screen shots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Rebel
This gets real annoying year after year. Hopes of a great game, and complete disappointment after the first screens are released. Something as simple as a hand towel, some eye paint, a new revo face mask, some multi colored team oriented cleats, something, would send me jumping for joy because I'd be assured that EA finally paid attention to our request and implemented them into the game. Details that are as minor and overdue as this would make me a happy gamer. Unfortunately, as the first screens show, it's the same old story. I just don't know what is going on with EA? It isn't just NCAA, it's ALL their sports games. I'm baffled. I can't wait until somebody other than EA is making football games. Someone who pushes EA to innovate, because this is getting ridiculous.

Ok... A lot of what you say doesn't make sense to me. None of what you mentioned - new hand towels, eye paint, etc. etc... make or guarantee a great game. Likewise, the lack of those things in screenshots does not guarantee that the game will suck.

We constantly see this on the internet now... People judge films based on the previews, Games based on the screenshots, etc. Nobody has any patience!

If we all go about our lives, I promise the game will be out pretty soon and we can judge it then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 03:26 AM   #42
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

If we could go back to SNES graphics but get a game that played "real" football I would be happy. I don't know why so many people want something as trivial as hand towels. If they did happen to put hand towels into the game there would be endless people bitching about improper rendering of hand towels and the physics for that accessory being mishandled.

A lot of the changes being put into Madden 10 are also being put into NCAA 10. I am personally going to hold off judgement until I have the game in my hands.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:51 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 13

I always laugh at threads like this.

Seriously? Hand towels? After the last 3 stinkers that've dropped you're honest-to-god worrying about whether a guy who's going to be playable for ONE season of dynasty has a towel hanging from his waistband?

News flash: Tebow's a quarterback. You'll never see the front of him to know if the towel is there or not barring a jaunt into instant replay for that sole purpose!
Old 03-21-2009, 06:39 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou

Seriously? Hand towels? After the last 3 stinkers that've dropped you're honest-to-god worrying about whether a guy who's going to be playable for ONE season of dynasty has a towel hanging from his waistband?

News flash: Tebow's a quarterback. You'll never see the front of him to know if the towel is there or not barring a jaunt into instant replay for that sole purpose!
What you said, is an obvious problem.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I should've posted this here,

This picture scares me...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I should've posted this here,

This picture scares me...

this is the pic where i was like, i cant believe they'd release this shot. I know there trying to show there camera and such but, come on.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #47
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou

News flash: Gameplay and accessories arent connected in anyway. So they could fix every late gameplay issue and still add handtowels and extra facemask. Or then can completely ignore both but its not if one slows the progress of another.

I dont know how many times has this point been made? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you havent heard this.

For the record im more concerned about hairstyles than hand towel ,but if where overhauling accessories might as well get everything one sleeves, real looking bands ,calf bands and stuff like that.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
News flash: Gameplay and accessories arent connected in anyway. So they could fix every late gameplay issue and still add handtowels and extra facemask. Or then can completely ignore both but its not if one slows the progress of another.

I dont know how many times has this point been made? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you havent heard this.

For the record im more concerned about hairstyles than hand towel ,but if where overhauling accessories might as well get everything one sleeves, real looking bands ,calf bands and stuff like that.
news flash: even though they arnt connect it would take time to do each and i would prefer it as would the hardcore gamers would ,if they got the gameplay down and running right instead of adding fluff because thats basically what hand towels and half sleeves are just eye candy.

If they got the gameplay down and correct i wouldnt mind said things but most of you guys are crying over that fluff and if EA thinks thats what the majority wants their basically gonna end up putting out 09 again with handtowels and calf bands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »