Home

OMT: 2 new bugs

This is a discussion on OMT: 2 new bugs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
OMT: 2 new bugs

Have never seen either of these in a heck of a lot of gameplay, so I thought I'd share in case you guys haven't seen them either.

Bug #1: Opponent (Oklahoma) was on his own 1 yard line. He threw a pass into traffic, it took a bit of a weird deflection off someone, and the deflected ball trajectory seemed a bit odd. The defensive players chase the incomplete pass downfield and one of them almost picks it up. But the bug was, at the end of the play, my opponent tried to Hurry Up, and when he did, the ball got spotted at the other 1 yard line. So all 22 players had to run to the other side of the field. Many of his players didn't ever get there, so he took a delay of game penalty. Unfortunately the penalty itself does not have a replay so all I can do is show a replay of the play before, in case something in that play caused the bug to trigger. Also, if you look at the replay page, even though the play shown is the incomplete pass, the play description is "PEN OFF; 0yd penalty" So that further leads me to believe that the ensuing length of the field delay of game might have had something to do with what happened on the play before it.
(I would actually say there are two bugs: The bad ball spot, and the fact that players obviously aren't running hard enough on hurry up plays if they can't get across the field before the play clock expires.)
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4322556

Bug #2: This one's a little more straightforward and less severe. The replay (highlight actually) itself messed up this time. Play was a kickoff, stripped by a coverage guy, recovered by another coverage guy, returned for a TD. When I viewed the highlight, the camera continued to follow the fumbler, rather than the fumble-recoverer.
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4322588
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Re: OMT: 2 new bugs

bump
Old 03-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Have never seen either of these in a heck of a lot of gameplay, so I thought I'd share in case you guys haven't seen them either.

Bug #1: Opponent (Oklahoma) was on his own 1 yard line. He threw a pass into traffic, it took a bit of a weird deflection off someone, and the deflected ball trajectory seemed a bit odd. The defensive players chase the incomplete pass downfield and one of them almost picks it up. But the bug was, at the end of the play, my opponent tried to Hurry Up, and when he did, the ball got spotted at the other 1 yard line. So all 22 players had to run to the other side of the field. Many of his players didn't ever get there, so he took a delay of game penalty. Unfortunately the penalty itself does not have a replay so all I can do is show a replay of the play before, in case something in that play caused the bug to trigger. Also, if you look at the replay page, even though the play shown is the incomplete pass, the play description is "PEN OFF; 0yd penalty" So that further leads me to believe that the ensuing length of the field delay of game might have had something to do with what happened on the play before it.
(I would actually say there are two bugs: The bad ball spot, and the fact that players obviously aren't running hard enough on hurry up plays if they can't get across the field before the play clock expires.)
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4322556

Bug #2: This one's a little more straightforward and less severe. The replay (highlight actually) itself messed up this time. Play was a kickoff, stripped by a coverage guy, recovered by another coverage guy, returned for a TD. When I viewed the highlight, the camera continued to follow the fumbler, rather than the fumble-recoverer.
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4322588
I've actually seen the first bug, but I have no idea how to replicate it each and every time. However, I have only seen it happen when the opponent was on his own goal line.

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb
Old 03-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

yep first bug happens when you run no huddle sometimes, it's happened to me about 50 times, i have to waste a timeout also because it takes time off the clock for the guys to run all the way to the other side of the field lawl
Old 03-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Question Re: OMT: 2 new bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
yep first bug happens when you run no huddle sometimes, it's happened to me about 50 times
Any idea what triggers it, beyond obviously no huddle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

i have no clue, could be sars
Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »