Home

Simply "SIM"

This is a discussion on Simply "SIM" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Simply "SIM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
That's because most of Madden's new features are being shared with NCAA. Because of this NCAA hasn't had any information to release for NCAA 10 because Madden is stealing its thunder basically.
That is a big assumption.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
That is a big assumption.
How is that an assumption? Every blog post, besides the last one, has stated that the technology is being shared with NCAA barring new QB ratings.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #11
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
People have been asking for a solution for the QB drop back problem for as long as I can remember. As many of us know, the reason QB's are able to scramble so far back is mainly because of the problems with OL/DL interaction. This is their solution. If this remains their solution and the trenches aren't fixed, I think we have our answer on what direction this game is headed in.

What would your solution be to remain "sim"?
This link is to another one of my many unless threads! LOL

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ea-can-do.html

I also think adding this feature would help! yet again another mindless thread started by yours truly!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-one-too.html

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #12
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
This link is to another one of my many unless threads! LOL

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ea-can-do.html

I also think adding this feature would help! yet again another mindless thread started by yours truly!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-one-too.html
You started 3 threads about the same topic. Meaning 2 of them are useless.

While the QB progressions is a nice idea that would still allow people to run back 20 yards and launch bombs. With this change the receiver icons disappear and you have to hope you hit the right button.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
You started 3 threads about the same topic. Meaning 2 of them are useless.

While the QB progressions is a nice idea that would still allow people to run back 20 yards and launch bombs. With this change the receiver icons disappear and you have to hope you hit the right button.
My idea arent based on limiting gamers options. If some moron who think running around a launching passes is fun why should we take that ability away. What we should do is understand why this never take place IRL and apply.

I thought my ideas about the accuracy hits is the best way to stop people from doing this! But it mostly hinges around better OL/DL interaction.

P.S. What three threads are talking about the same topic?

Old 03-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
My idea arent based on limiting gamers options.
I could care less what gamers think about Madden and NCAA. I want a Football Simulation, not a Video Game.

Quote:
If some moron who think running around a launching passes is fun why should we take that ability away.
So do you want a simulation or an arcade game? There is nothing stopping people from running around and chucking bombs with the disappearing icons, it will just force people to have to watch all of their receivers and remember their corresponding button.

Quote:
P.S. What three threads are talking about the same topic?
The three threads you have made talking about "sim" play. They all could have easily been consolidated in one thread.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #15
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
I could care less what gamers think about Madden and NCAA. I want a Football Simulation, not a Video Game.
I think my ideas are sim. They way the game plays out now isnt very sim. But Im not sure what your getting at here?

Quote:
So do you want a simulation or an arcade game? There is nothing stopping people from running around and chucking bombs with the disappearing icons, it will just force people to have to watch all of their receivers and remember their corresponding button.
1st That is dumb its like saying you cant see your WR's down field when IRL that does bother QB's at all.

2nd While accuracy hits wont stop them from doing it the outcome will be them throwing int in incompletes 90% of the time thats way better than making them remember there WR's button.

3rd Somebody made a comment that you wont be allowed you to throw the ball to any WR that fades to much(now I dont know if it true or not) that would not be sim at all.

Quote:
The three threads you have made talking about "sim" play. They all could have easily been consolidated in one thread.
Honestly I dont see where any of my threads dont have its on unique topic but I guess thats a matter of opinions!

Last edited by da ThRONe; 03-21-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I having been throwing this word around like it Mardi Gras beads at a parade. But really NCAA hasnt even confirmed that this is the direction there taking. Looking at some of what they have released some stuff says sim some stuff says arcade.

I think its this lack of a common goal thats going kill this game. I dont think you can sucessfully pull off both. Either every decision is to make this game like it is IRL(like Madden has said) or your going have a bunch of conflicting features.

When you say your going "SIM" you have taking the 1st step to making a better game your setting a goal. Without a goal how can you set a plan? Without a plan how can you come up with ideas that make your product better? It just seems that NCAA has no direction and is just throwing stuff in without considering if its helping create the kinda game you want it to be. And it all comes back to not having a goal!

If I am wrong about NCAA lack of a goal I would love anybody to correct me especially the Dev. Team.
I agree 100% I think the reason Madden has gotten the nod over NCAA so far is there seems to be a common goal to make the product better. Ian has stepped up give people a goal and a plan of attack. The one thing he has done is shown us our opinions matter thus far.

With the NCAA team I dont feel like my opinions matters as much. But the thing that bothers me the most is I feel no since of direction. Ian may be lying through his teeth ,but when I read his comments about making Madden play just like they do on sundays I was sold that I will buy Madden 10. I would love to have that same feeling about NCAA 10(because I prefer it over Madden) ,but what they way there going I cant say that I will right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »