Home

Create a school - What do you need to have?

This is a discussion on Create a school - What do you need to have? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 03-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Create a school - What do you need to have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
First off I would like to say great ideas baumy300! I believe that even if we got a CAS this year it wouldnt be as indept as that or as we would like. But its always good for us to give them ideas for the feature. I have always been a huge fan! And have been disappointed every year on next gen when it hasnt made its return... With that said here is some of my ideas for a CAS feature....

Uniforms-
Complete control of the uniform design. We should have the ability to use the main designs of the name brand uniforms as well as being able to make our own generic designs as well. So every uniform Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, Russell has in the game we should be able to take those designs and add our own colors to it. Also we should be able to take generic designed pants and jerseys and add our own stripes and piping. Along with that have the ability to use all the fonts of number that any of the teams use in the game. And be able to put the schools name or nickname on front of the jersey.

Helmets-
Again complete control of the helmet. Being able to take any stripe pattern that any of the real teams use and put it on our CAS. Along with the michigan wing decal have rams horns and eagle wings. Have the ability to position the logo on the helmet and the size of the logo. Ultimately I would like to have a Forza like editor. Be able to use shapes and layers to make our own stripes and decals.

Logos-
One thing that bothered me about last gen CAS were the logos. The generic ones tended to be too cartoony and I always went back to the same ones when I made a new team. Also you could only use the teams colors for the logo which made it hard at times to use the logo. The real logos were hard to use because you couldnt change the colors and they never went on the helmet right. One side always faced backwards. I would like to have a good amount of generic logos that you didnt have to use team colors for. Also have ALL Div 1 primary and secondary logos with the ability to change the colors to make them our own.

Stadiums-
Like baumy300 said complete control of the stadium. Several different scoreboards, press boxes, bleachers and etc. Allow us to pick an overall design (bowl, horse shoe, sides etc.) and allow us to personallize it by differendt options. I think baumy300 covered it all.

Online-
Be able to use locker-room to share teams. I am pretty good at creating teams but I know there are others that could make even better ones.

Well thats all that has come to mind so far. If anything else comes to mind Ill be back to post.

PS I know that the chances of getting this detailed of a CAS is highly unlikely for '10 and within the next year. These are just my dream features to CAS and my suggestions to the EA team.

again BRAVO
Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 AM   #18

OVR: 40

Come to think of it, we would be better off with this extensive CAS rather than having EA put the FCS teams in manually.

Now wait before you call for my head, hear me out:

You guys know damn well that EA could never put in all of the accurate FCS stadiums in even 2 years. Never would happen. We would get 4-5 generic stadiums with the FCS rosters pretty much random and only have the official uniforms.

So, if we could create our own schools from the ground up and share them via the locker room, think about how long it would take for the actual authentic FCS schools to be in the game? You know the guys in this community would use their attention to detail and do the work for EA. If EA does make an extensive CAS feature they would be able to quit worrying about FCS teams and they would also give us a lot better opportunity to play with more authentic FCS teams via CAS than they could give us.

I'm having high hopes, but if EA would really make a great CAS feature using our ideas I think we could all be very happy.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:19 AM   #19
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't want to be off topic but I don't care about create a school even a little bit. If you put me in charge and there was a certain amount of extra space on the disk and they were thinking about CAS, I'd say no way, add to the tradition of the existing schools with things like Clemson running down the hill, Florida fans doing the gator chomp, Wisconsin fans jumping around before the 4th quarter, etc. etc. etc.

The thing I hated about CAS when it really did exist was that the "limitless" customization was really extremely limited. The stadiums you could create were boring as hell cookie cutter nonsense.... just a horribly done feature.

Last edited by Hellisan; 03-24-2009 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #20
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I don't want to be off topic but I don't care about create a school even a little bit. If you put me in charge and there was a certain amount of extra space on the disk and they were thinking about CAS, I'd say no way, add to the tradition of the existing schools with things like Clemson running down the hill, Florida fans doing the gator chomp, Wisconsin fans jumping around before the 4th quarter, etc. etc. etc.

The thing I hated about CAS when it really did exist was that the "limitless" customization was really extremely limited. The stadiums you could create were boring as hell cookie cutter nonsense.... just a horribly done feature.
I understand and respect your opinion on CAS. I know that there are a lot of people out there that dont or wouldnt use CAS. But for those that feel that way please know that there are also a lot of people look forward to its return.

So when do you guys think we will get news of if CAS will be in or not?

Old 03-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

i am a huge believer in create a school/ create a team. i love starting these teams from the bottom and working them into contenders. this was the greatest thing in any sports games.. in ncaa 2004 i think it was, was perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #22
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I am also one that loves to have a good create a team/school feature. Unfortunately there always seems to be some issues that really takes away from them though. As someone already mentioned they usually include way too many cartoony looking logos. Or they do something like EA does with their hockey game(great game, horrible create a team) have all these great names and very few logos that even match up with the names they let you have. The newest EA NHL game has some of the worst logos I have ever seen in a create a team mode. Which is sad because the options you have for the uniform in the mode is great.

I would be fine with no CAS though if they had the smaller schools you could use. I always loved starting a career with one of the real small schools and building them up to a powerhouse. I don't understand why they don't at least let us import small schools again. There are a ton of people that post here that are fans of the smaller schools. I am not, but love to use them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »