Home

What SHOULD be in the game by this time presentation wise....

This is a discussion on What SHOULD be in the game by this time presentation wise.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
What SHOULD be in the game by this time presentation wise....

Is a....

1. Preseason Show going over the Top 25 teams, what they did the year before, preseason All Americans, etc. Hosted by Lee Corso, Brad Nessler (or Chris Fowler), and Kirk Herbstreit.

2. A Weekly College Gameday Show recapping the top games that week including video highlights, updated Heisman Race, etc.

3. A "BCS Selection Show" going over all of the Bowl Games, the top matchups, etc.

All 3 of those SHOULD be in NCAA 2010.

Why do I say should be?

Because 2ksports did this FOUR YEARS AGO with the College Hoops series and over FIVE YEARS AGO with the NFL2k series.

Windsocks, Field Goal Nets.....ok....I get it....they're nice little additions. But for all of the motion captured cheerleaders and break dancing mascots.....EA could have elevated the excitement, originality, and atmosphere of this series 100 fold years ago if they had just copied what is still one of the greatest sports presentation tools ever done in a video game.

In my mind, there is zero reason that this shouldn't be included in the NCAA series by now. Not programming issues, not budgeting issues, etc. As I said, it's 4 to 5 year old technology done by a company with maybe 1/10th of the "pull" of that behemoth EA Sports. And it still trumps anything that EA has done as far as presentation goes.

I still watch my weekly College Sports Tonight with Greg Gumbel and Clark Kellog every week in my Hoops Legacy and it really puts me IN THE GAME. The Selection Sunday Show is still the absolute coolest thing I've ever seen on a sports game. 20 minutes long...in depth.....never stale.

It's Time EA. It's been time. Put this in NCAA. Now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What SHOULD be in the game by this time presentation wise....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Is a....

1. Preseason Show going over the Top 25 teams, what they did the year before, preseason All Americans, etc. Hosted by Lee Corso, Brad Nessler (or Chris Fowler), and Kirk Herbstreit.

2. A Weekly College Gameday Show recapping the top games that week including video highlights, updated Heisman Race, etc.

3. A "BCS Selection Show" going over all of the Bowl Games, the top matchups, etc.

Why do I say should be?

Because 2ksports did this FOUR YEARS AGO with the College Hoops series and over FIVE YEARS AGO with the NFL2k series.

Windsocks, Field Goal Nets.....ok....I get it....they're nice little additions. But for all of the motion captured cheerleaders and break dancing mascots.....EA could have elevated the excitement, originality, and atmosphere of this series 100 fold years ago if they had just copied what is still one of the greatest sports presentation tools ever done in a video game.

In my mind, there is zero reason that this shouldn't be included in the NCAA series by now. Not programming issues, not budgeting issues, etc. As I said, it's 4 to 5 year old technology done by a company with maybe 1/10th of the "pull" of that behemoth EA Sports. And it still trumps anything that EA has done as far as presentation goes.

I still watch my weekly College Sports Tonight with Greg Gumbel and Clark Kellog every week in my Hoops Legacy and it really puts me IN THE GAME. The Selection Sunday Show is still the absolute coolest thing I've ever seen on a sports game. 20 minutes long...in depth.....never stale.

My man we can't even get different camera angles, team entrances, or chain gangs or refs, what makes u think they can implement those features you mentioned..LOL
Old 03-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Is a....

Why do I say should be?

Agree 200% !!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for what seems like a lifetime for somebody to get it together "off" the field.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I'd settle for just text documenting the top 25 teams and what tehy did last year and projected to do this year. I don't need the Gameday guys for that, although it would be nice.

But EA could at least do this with just text. I mean heck, the PS2 has a pre-game show with Corso putting on the mascot head.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Make the teams run onto the field during pregame. (team entrance)

Have Corso put on mascot head.

Chain gang - with them coming out to measure when it's close to a first down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
DickDalewood

OVR:

Let's start with something simple like referees on the field first...

Four years in and they're still not there... Unbelievable.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 24

I'd like to see all the shows and stuff you mentioned, and would also just love to see more talk about impact players (pre-game and DURING the game) and stuff.

I just want games to feel like a college football game, especially the big ones. I want to see players celebrating TOGETHER, not with stupid dances by themselves. I want fans to go nuts and the overall atmosphere to be way higher.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

The Choops sunday selection show is probably my favorite video game feature of all time. A BCS show would be a fantastic addition....and potentially exciting if there is a close race.

A weekly highlight show would be great as well. An added touch would be to allow the user to customize what would be in the show. Perhaps there could be a section on the top 10, and then a section from each conference....then the user can check off what they want to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »