Home

New BCFX Video: Starring Doug Williams

This is a discussion on New BCFX Video: Starring Doug Williams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New BCFX Video: Starring Doug Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I actually like some of the tackles I've seen, but I agree the player models aren't too great. The shoulders/shoulder pads can be best described as utterly ridiculous, lol.
....but....you have to like the way the uniforms looked with mud on the field...if you didn't catch that, check it out again.

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb
Old 03-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Niiiice. Hopefully I will be able tp play with Alabama A&M, Jacksonville State and Alabama State. I stay within an hour of all 3 schools! Thatd be niiiiice.

DID I SEE THE HEISMAN POSE AND FAMU's BAND! OMG! GOTTA HAVE THIS! DONT LET ME DOWN!!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 38

Some new screens from GDC

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/9...44/imgs_1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Omg I grew up on HBCU football games. Obviously they cant compete with an EA sports or 2k but this is still pretty cool. My parents have had Famu tickets since i was two.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
....but....you have to like the way the uniforms looked with mud on the field...if you didn't catch that, check it out again.
Oh you thought that was hot? Check this out:

It's an example of their "Weather and degradation system" capabilities. There is a also material and post effect demo here:

http://www.grantham3d.com/player_material.html

Some more screens:

^^^ Look at the form on that pass.

A little band action:

^^^ The lighting and the grass is just serious. I hope that's a playable angle. Very nice.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

I don't know about how that game is going to play - and good god are those play call screens UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY ..lol - but in terms of pure presentation, that looks like it will eat EA's lunch unless NCAA 10 steps up about 3 steps from last year!

Things EA needs to look at right away:
- bands and drumlines/dance troupes
- player entrances (even if generic, seeing the teams take the field is nice)
- coin toss, captains at mid-field
- halftime band performance (this would be really nice it it was running in the background and the announcers ran down the first half stats for yards, TDs, turnovers, sacks and big plays - >20 yards or scores)
- some form of that Legacy Museum too! That looks sweet...like taking NCAA 2008's lobby and expanding it and making it better!

I think that the game has serious potential, but without the total NCAA license it will be a tough sell to get enough units moved to keep it alive more than a single release. That sucks, because this really shows what competition in the market could force in terms of innovation and we as the players are the ones who suffer the most without it...

I know the EA guys are here to interact with the community and I hope you guys are paying attention to this kind of stuff...in 2009 we had cheerleaders and breakdancing mascots, but the bands were totally absent, the player introductions were MIA and the overall atmosphere (halftime show, post-game bands, stats and highlights at the half) were also distinguished mainly by not being present.

Swipe some of these ideas please!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

^^^ The lighting and the grass is just serious. I hope that's a playable angle. Very nice.
I would also like to see a playable camera angle similar to this one...if NCAA does not have it, and this game does, that could be a big factor in my play time...

But, to be totally fair, the OT and DE/OLB in that screen looks an awful lot like what we have seen from NCAA 2007/2008/2009 - too flat and heads-up interactions, no double team blocking and a total lack of pocket formation..additionally, the center is standing straight up and looking lost instead of doubling down to help one of the guards (maybe in motion his head is tracking and looking for blitz pick-up, but in the screen shot he is a mannequin...

Gonna have to keep an eye on this release though for sure...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »