Home

Ok, I have a nagging question for the real sim players

This is a discussion on Ok, I have a nagging question for the real sim players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Ok, I have a nagging question for the real sim players

School me on this one, I'm curious. At what level do the players play closest to their ratings? All American, or Heisman? I really do need some feedback here, as this is affecting my dynasty big time.

I'll tell you what I've observed, so I'm getting close to my own opinion, but I want to hear what you guys have to say about it.

Here's a rundown. I usually play with the sorriest team I can find and try to bring the underdog up. I'm in my third year of dynasty using the Idaho vandals. My first season, I played All American, and ended up with a 9-3 record (something like that). Considering my overall #'s (OV, OFF, DEF) I thought that my record shouldn't have been that good.

So....I switched to Heisman, and my record for the last two seasons flip flopped to 3-9. A little bit better, but it actually seemed like it was too bad of a record. Here's why I say this. On heisman, (and I know they say rubberband A.I doesnt exist), teams that were rated much worse than my team would do some crazy *** **** and pull wins out of their asses. People, I'm not bull****ting you, I am not hallucinating, those ****ing bastards would cheat.

Seriously, anytime the A.I was in the lead, it seemed like the ratings would count. Ya know, ok my defense is way better and their offense aint that good, and I would stop them. But everytime, and I mean, literally, EVERYTIME I would score or take the lead, I absolutely COULD NOT stop them. They would go up the field and immediately score on me. It really started to get out of hand.

I mean, trust me, when I lose fair and square, I have no problem with taking a loss on my record even if it means I end up 1-30, lol. These losses I was taking weren't coming by way of me just getting my *** kicked, it was coming by way of the A.I. doing nutty ****.

So, with that being stated. You know my opinion is leaning towards, Heisman aint the way to go, but All American seems to easy. Tell me something good folks, I need a good realistic setup where ratings will decide the outcome atleast the majority of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Ok, I have a nagging question for the real sim players

Yes, the A.I. has a tendency to get every break possible and every timely fumble/deflection/INT possible on Heisman.

If you don't want to feel cheated then play on AA with crazy sliders. For me, I almost need to be cheated to get a realistic record so I just suck it up and hope that they actually learn to program semi-intelligent AI that doesn't need to cheat in NCAA 10.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Yes, the A.I. has a tendency to get every break possible and every timely fumble/deflection/INT possible on Heisman.

If you don't want to feel cheated then play on AA with crazy sliders. For me, I almost need to be cheated to get a realistic record so I just suck it up and hope that they actually learn to program semi-intelligent AI that doesn't need to cheat in NCAA 10.
QFT
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

When I played using AA mode as FIU (this was pre-patch), I would loose to teams I should beat and easily beat teams that I should lose by 30 points.

The AI certainly did some crazy stuff. The stats and games seemed to become more realistic as I used better rated teams.

Either that, or it was because by year 8 of the dynasty there were no (or few) teams that had an A rating in any category.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I've always played on All-American with adjusted sliders in every NCAA game. that was until NCAA '09 came out. the AI/playcalling was so horrible in '09 that the only chance the CPU had to win was if I played it on Heisman with CPU Heavy sliders. even then, if was hard to get the CPU to play good at all.

Hopefully the AI and playcalling is improved in NCAA 10, so I can go back to AA.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Yea, I think what I'm going to do is leave heisman alone, go back to AA but raise up the A.I. sliders a tad bit higher than mine (right now I have em even) and see what that does..
Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I've always played on All-American with adjusted sliders in every NCAA game. that was until NCAA '09 came out. the AI/playcalling was so horrible in '09 that the only chance the CPU had to win was if I played it on Heisman with CPU Heavy sliders. even then, if was hard to get the CPU to play good at all.

Hopefully the AI and playcalling is improved in NCAA 10, so I can go back to AA.
Very true. I play A.A. as well and this year (09) my record (I play every game) is somthing like 73-2 and I have won 47 straight games. I play because I love football but where is the challenge???? Fingers crossed for 2010!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Forgive me, I promise I am not trying to hi-jack a thread, but I have some post patch Heisman sliders I have been testing in the slider thread. They aren't 100 percent done, but they are close. I have about 20 beta games to post, which I hope to do later tonight or tomorrow. The CPU will have the occasional WTF TD, but it is few and far between. Dominant players dominate, mediocre ones are mediocre. I get me tail handed to me by good teams and have closer games with equal teams.

Once again, not trying to hi-jack...I have been where the OP is. I was tired of beating Penn State with UAB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »