Home

Bowl Patches

This is a discussion on Bowl Patches within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Bowl Patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Doing Super Bowl patches is a lot easier than Bowl patches. 32 teams, 1 bowl. Compared to 120 teams, ~30 bowls.
plus if they have to do anything to each uniform first before the patches could be applied, thats over 300+ uniforms.
Battle.net ID: Solidice#11688

Current Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Stellaris (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #18
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

They don't make a jersey for each bowl for each team. They use some layer code to layer the patch onto the jersey.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #19
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
They don't make a jersey for each bowl for each team. They use some layer code to layer the patch onto the jersey.
I know that, I don't mean a new file for each individual bowl for each individual jersey. there could be something they would have to do for each jersey to prepare for the bowl patch layer, not to overlay something else on the jersey, etc.... plus they would have to test each one to make sure it works. thats why I said "If".

Old 03-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #20
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I know that, I don't mean a new file for each individual bowl for each individual jersey. there could be something they would have to do for each jersey to prepare for the bowl patch layer, not to overlay something else on the jersey, etc.... plus they would have to test each one to make sure it works. thats why I said "If".
I wasn't really replying to you Ice, I got the impression that the fellas above me thought they'd have to create new jerseys with the patch of the bowl for each team
Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #21
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I wasn't really replying to you Ice, I got the impression that the fellas above me thought they'd have to create new jerseys with the patch of the bowl for each team

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 39

Yea I really believe that this year is more about fixing the gameplay, upgrading present features (possibly dynasty) and giving us a little bit of the aesthetic stuff we crave. 2011 though you can bet the rest of the things requested will be in (equipment, refs, patches, etc.) I can live with this, even though I'm a details freak when it comes to this game.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #23
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Yea I really believe that this year is more about fixing the gameplay, upgrading present features (possibly dynasty) and giving us a little bit of the aesthetic stuff we crave. 2011 though you can bet the rest of the things requested will be in (equipment, refs, patches, etc.) I can live with this, even though I'm a details freak when it comes to this game.
The thing I don't get is that there are different teams for each. Maybe I got this wrong, but isn't the gameplay team different from the team that puts in graphical enhancements?

I know for somethings such as Refs there is an overlap because of the interaction, but something like Jerseys doesn't affect the on field action.

I just hope Adam and his team have used this year's resources to put all stadiums in and do some sort of pre-season/pre-game/post game/BSC show.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #24
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
OMT discussed a similar issue with field logos (the controvery in that case was when teams changed conferences, the field conference logo should change). He said it is not set up currently to overlay a custom logo on the field. Ideally they would change it to that system but it's a lot of work to extract all the logos from the field, change the field system to account for the overlay, and then make sure the right overlay is applied. Thus they won't be doing this for NCAA 10.

I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine bowl patches are in the same boat. I'm guessing that they are, if they didn't already have bowl patches last version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »