Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: Player Pursuit Angles

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: Player Pursuit Angles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #49
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NCAA Football 10 Blog: Player Pursuit Angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklez
I'm don't even play NCAA so it doesn't affect me much, but isn't this the same thing that happens every year? What proof do you have of what the game will be like besides these actual videos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklez
I don't give a **** about that stuff. I don't post here often and if you look at my posts I'm only concerned about gameplay.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #50
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

Nope i loved it on PS2, plus rule violations and player violations happen in real life so it should be in the game.

What grand addition would you do then?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

Man, these vids are honestly quite discouraging. I am very disappointed in the lack of fluidity. Gameplay is still very twitchy, and blocking looks very poor. Its very frustrating that the linebacker in that one video is not able to blend out of the "getting blocked animation into at least trying to make the tackle when the guy runs within an arms length of him. But as soon as the runner goes buy, he instantly turns around and begins pursuit. And those angles for 10 just didnt seem right. I mean..its like it was a race to the pylon...surely they guys could have cut him off before that.

Anyways, I am glad they fixed the twitchy pursuits..that is a baby step forward. Seems like the more info NCAA releases pushes me a little farther into the skeptical camp. Just not the kind of improvements I was hoping for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #52
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

They said in the OL/DL stuff they were still tuning and everything wasn't working right. That said, really liking the pursuit. No more conga line!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #53
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
They said in the OL/DL stuff they were still tuning and everything wasn't working right. That said, really liking the pursuit. No more conga line!
nice analogy. reading your sig - i just picked up CHOOPS 2k8 again and the level of immersion is sick for a video game.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #54
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
agreed.

I just view the vids for what they are showing. I have no idea how polished anything else is in the vids, so I don't get too excited or bummed over anything else in any given vids other than whats being shown off.

And BriFi...I see a roadtrip in the near future.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #55
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Cool.
Forwarded this article to a guy in my Online Dynasty and he made a good point:

"All these things will be moot if they don't tone down the speed in the game, once again- let's hit the realistic button. 4.16?? Once a generation- MAYBE. There are probably 100's of recruits that run sub 4.40, which is absurd."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

All I'm saying is that I think it's silly to base your judgements of the game so far on screenshots and what devs. say in blogs. The best way to judge is actually seeing the game in action, and from what I've seen so far it doesn't look all that much improved. Don't tell me that they've improved so and so (OL/DL, WR/DB...) until you've actually seen it in action. The pursuit angles are great, but I'll reserve my judgments on other issues until I actually see videos of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »