Home

A new Rating that would improve draft classes

This is a discussion on A new Rating that would improve draft classes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
A new Rating that would improve draft classes

I would like to see a "Pro Prospect" rating in NCAA Football. The issue that I have is guys like Pat White were awesome in college, but those ratings don't carry over to the pro game. If I want an accurate draft class I either have to lower his ratings in NCAA (which makes him not be as good in college) or accept the fact that he will be rated in the high 80s or even 90s when I import him over.

What I would like to see is a rating that determines how much of his college ratings are carried over when he is imported.

Someone like Staford would have a very high prospect rating and would carry over a lot of his ratings (with an obvious hit that is inherent with going pro). Someone like White or Teabow would have less of a prospect rating and would see a hit in their ratings when imported over. This isn't just a QB thing, but is easier to illustrate. We had a DB on the UC team who was a great college player and got tons of ints, but he isn't expected to be a great pro DB for whatever reason. I think this would make draft classes so much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: A new Rating that would improve draft classes

The only thing about that is that how are they know a current player's "prospect" rating. Some players hoot up and down based on their performance in the season, system they play in, school they play for etc. Don't get me wrong the idea sounds nice but would be very hard to implement correctly.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I would like to see a "Pro Prospect" rating in NCAA Football. The issue that I have is guys like Pat White were awesome in college, but those ratings don't carry over to the pro game. If I want an accurate draft class I either have to lower his ratings in NCAA (which makes him not be as good in college) or accept the fact that he will be rated in the high 80s or even 90s when I import him over.

What I would like to see is a rating that determines how much of his college ratings are carried over when he is imported.

Someone like Staford would have a very high prospect rating and would carry over a lot of his ratings (with an obvious hit that is inherent with going pro). Someone like White or Teabow would have less of a prospect rating and would see a hit in their ratings when imported over. This isn't just a QB thing, but is easier to illustrate. We had a DB on the UC team who was a great college player and got tons of ints, but he isn't expected to be a great pro DB for whatever reason. I think this would make draft classes so much better.
This sound like more of a madden thing than a NCAA thing. Why would NCAA do this? Instead, give the users the ability to change the madden rookie ratings.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

OMT already said it wouldnt work cause the NCAA guys have no control over how there rating is when there imported over
Old 03-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
OMT already said it wouldnt work cause the NCAA guys have no control over how there rating is when there imported over
Yep.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...en-rating.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

^That's kind of sad isn't it?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:17 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck

I like the idea, the prospect rating should also determine if a guy is going to leave school early. For instance, if I'm using a small school in a weak conference and my leading receiver is rated a 75, but he puts up good numbers, he shouldn't leave school early bacause there is no way he would get drafted

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »