Home

Has the auto-sub/depth chart issues been addressed in NCAA 2010?

This is a discussion on Has the auto-sub/depth chart issues been addressed in NCAA 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Has the auto-sub/depth chart issues been addressed in NCAA 2010?

Is it just me or is it annoying when you have 7 or 8 WR's on your roster but the CPU starts subbing in DB's? Also, why does the CPU use only the bare minimum of players, unless there is an injury? If you sim a season or actually play through it, if you look at the stats it's plain as day. Run heavy teams probably have 4 or 5 backs with a good number of carries. The CPU may use 2. Teams that throw the ball around alot usually have 6 or more players with a few catches. The CPU uses the first 4 WR's on the depth chart and the TE. If your playing against the CPU you may see the 2nd string RB once or twice a game. I know that EA will never be able to capture every single element of real football into their games but somethings are pretty easy to notice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Has the auto-sub/depth chart issues been addressed in NCAA 2010?

I had my leading receiver make an interception against another user in my Online Dynasty last year. While it was pretty exciting and funny at the moment, I'd rather not be put in that situation ever again.

The only coaching features I desperately desire are the old custom playbooks and formation subs. It would be hard to see them dismissing both of these for the fourth time. They are simple in concept, but open up the game to an entirely new level of strategy.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Has the auto-sub/depth chart issues been addressed in NCAA 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppychulo
Is it just me or is it annoying when you have 7 or 8 WR's on your roster but the CPU starts subbing in DB's? Also, why does the CPU use only the bare minimum of players, unless there is an injury? If you sim a season or actually play through it, if you look at the stats it's plain as day. Run heavy teams probably have 4 or 5 backs with a good number of carries. The CPU may use 2. Teams that throw the ball around alot usually have 6 or more players with a few catches. The CPU uses the first 4 WR's on the depth chart and the TE. If your playing against the CPU you may see the 2nd string RB once or twice a game. I know that EA will never be able to capture every single element of real football into their games but somethings are pretty easy to notice.
Those are some good points. I hope some of this stuff will get fixed.

The depth chart thing drives me nuts. I often end up carrying 6 active CBs on my roster, and when I do mass subs I want to see that 6th CB be used in dime, or at least a 5th safety. Instead, invariably it puts my #3 WR, a backup RB, or even a QB in there. So basically I am forced to run nickel at most after doing mass subs, and if one of my CBs gets tired I have to call a timeout, or put the first string back in, or stick to 2-CB defenses. So lame.

As far as the CPU not subbing... It's one thing that when you play vs the CPU there is not very good subbing. What's worse is that when games are simmed the teams still don't use their subs. Only your top 3, maybe 4 CBs will record any stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »