Home

Sooooo Irritating!

This is a discussion on Sooooo Irritating! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Sooooo Irritating!

Does anyone else have the problem while playing this game where the defense seems to know whats going to happen EVERY TIME you call a play? It makes me not able to enjoy playing the game, 'cause whenever I want to throw it deep, they ALWAYS know that I'm going to. My guys NEVER beat the CPU off the LOS, so I have no way to throw it deep with out it being picked. And when I run, they always know which way I'm going. It's ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Sooooo Irritating!

the AI IS JUST DESIGNED TO EXACTLY COUNTER YOU - PERIOD

although I do wonder if you audible in and out of a play a few times before snapping the ball if it helps you a little ...?
Old 03-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
Rookie

miamicanes504's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
the AI IS JUST DESIGNED TO EXACTLY COUNTER YOU - PERIOD

although I do wonder if you audible in and out of a play a few times before snapping the ball if it helps you a little ...?
Nope, that doesn't work.If they stack the box and you formation audible to a pass, they empty the box, and when you audible back to a run, they stack the box again.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamannator
Does anyone else have the problem while playing this game where the defense seems to know whats going to happen EVERY TIME you call a play? It makes me not able to enjoy playing the game, 'cause whenever I want to throw it deep, they ALWAYS know that I'm going to. My guys NEVER beat the CPU off the LOS, so I have no way to throw it deep with out it being picked. And when I run, they always know which way I'm going. It's ridiculous.
I have always felt like the defense knew what I was going to do, but since the defense stinks in this game it really dose not matter if they know.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

They CPU is just a really good guesser.

Who knew on 3 & 11 on my own 20 when I want to run a draw out of shot gun the CPU would line up in a 5-2? Man the CPU is smart!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Rookie

I had something kind of odd that REALLY pissed me off yesterday:

I was playing on Defense on Heisman and the quarterback was JUST getting ready to hand the ball off. The announcer says, "He's gonna take it all the way!!". The running back then got the ball and proceeded to break 4 tackles, including a gang tackle by two people. He ran up the middle and was getting hit/breaking tackles like it was nothing. No way in real life can he do it.

So my question is, does the game just know that they're going to score and nothing can stop them? I mean, I hear the announcer and I'm like wtf? He just got the ball?

Also, it seems on 3rd down, the computer will magically go into hulk mode and break as many tackles as possible to get past the first down marker like 70% of the time. I know it's not my tackling, I'm doing all I can. I don't really use hit stick anymore because on Heisman my DT/LB's seem to just bounce off of their players, and so I square up to them alot and even then they manage to get free. Gang tackles included.

/rant.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by munson11
I had something kind of odd that REALLY pissed me off yesterday:

I was playing on Defense on Heisman and the quarterback was JUST getting ready to hand the ball off. The announcer says, "He's gonna take it all the way!!". The running back then got the ball and proceeded to break 4 tackles, including a gang tackle by two people. He ran up the middle and was getting hit/breaking tackles like it was nothing. No way in real life can he do it.

So my question is, does the game just know that they're going to score and nothing can stop them? I mean, I hear the announcer and I'm like wtf? He just got the ball?

Also, it seems on 3rd down, the computer will magically go into hulk mode and break as many tackles as possible to get past the first down marker like 70% of the time. I know it's not my tackling, I'm doing all I can. I don't really use hit stick anymore because on Heisman my DT/LB's seem to just bounce off of their players, and so I square up to them alot and even then they manage to get free. Gang tackles included.

/rant.
The cpu on Heisman will do everything to keep theit drive going. They weakest QBs, RBs and WRs will shake and truck ends, backers and safeties like its no tomorrow. And lets not even talk about the curls that always work cuz your DB just relaxes behind the wide out til he catches the ball and then "attempt" to make a tackle. I have even had the cpu resort to "cheesy" type plays on 3rd down. 4 wide, run to the left and throw to the right side of the field. Lol. Its funny lookin back on it

Old 03-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
The cpu on Heisman will do everything to keep theit drive going. They weakest QBs, RBs and WRs will shake and truck ends, backers and safeties like its no tomorrow. And lets not even talk about the curls that always work cuz your DB just relaxes behind the wide out til he catches the ball and then "attempt" to make a tackle. I have even had the cpu resort to "cheesy" type plays on 3rd down. 4 wide, run to the left and throw to the right side of the field. Lol. Its funny lookin back on it
Does anybody have any sliders that will make the game hard(er) like Heisman, but without all of the BS that comes with playing on heisman? We have adjusted sliders to make Heisman harder, but the stupid things the computer pulls on Heisman are too frustrating.

I'll take a loss, but when it's based on BS the computer does then I can't handle it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »