Home

Presentation...how important is it to you?

This is a discussion on Presentation...how important is it to you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #41
Rookie

parrish pinkney's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Presentation...how important is it to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
For presentation, all EA has to do is look at NFL 2K5. Just copy and paste. Instant win .
well putt my friend best thing i heard for a while
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish pinkney
well putt my friend best thing i heard for a while
I took presentation for granted. I was always a Madden guy, even during the 04-05 season, i went with Madden over 2K5. I mean I still enjoyed 2K5, thought the presentation was phenomenal, but felt that Madden played better and had decent enough presentation. And when the next gen systems came around, i found myself thinking, "well surely with the next gen hardware, EA will give me a better effort than what was seen in NFL 2K5". It was one of the major reasons why i wasn't upset with the NFL/ESPN exclusive deals at the time. Oh how wrong i was. Flash forward 5 yrs later and i HATE this series, HATE it. I want it to be what it was in 01-05, imo, we haven't got anything close to that. After playing the 4th installment of Madden on the next gen systems, i had finally had enough. I mean there was just nothing to keep me going through a season. There was NO presentation what so ever. So i went back to a game that i knew had fantastic presentation and i was surprised that i had a really good time with it(I'm a graphics whore and i thought the visual drop would be too much to deal with). Got the updated rosters and played NFL 2K5 all last season. Its a big reason why I'm not fretting over Madden 2010, if its good ill finally purchase a next gen Madden, if not, no big deal ill just play 2K5 until EA can actually get their game right.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Presentation is hugely important because of the immersion factor. I agree that when the presentation between one game is good (Madden 2005) and great (NFL2K5) you go with the game with the better gameplay. That is what I did. However, Madden 2005's presentation was good enough that it kept me immersed. Then, when Next Generation came along presentation was thrown out the window. Especially in Madden 08. Presentation was just awful! I paid 50 bucks and played that game 1 time! 1 TIME!!!

Let's hope EA does something to upgrade presentation in NCAA this year. Here is my wish for what we would see if EA took presentation seriously:

Pregame Analysis: Nothing too new here. Opening aerial shot of stadium with graphic overlay of teams and rankings. Then, the camera pans around the stadium and shows fans with body paint and signs. Then, your custom stadium sound begins to play and a specific team entrance is shown (replete with coaches, assistants, and trainers running with team through a banner). A graphic display is shown and Corso gives his "keys to victory" and "player to watch" while players are warming up. Kick off.

Throughout game: Players celebrate with one another after TD (chest bump, high five, dance, arms pumped). Graphic displays showing stats, national rankings of teams involved, etc. At a lull in the game, a cut scene to another game going on in your dynasty (CPU vs. CPU) to show a big play (TD, turnover, etc.).

Halftime show: Doesn't have to be anything major. Just show the ESPN logo and go back to Chris Fowler and have him recap the games going on around the nation (ala NFL2K5).

Post game show: Have the coach get doused in gatorade with a big win. Show the field goal posts lowering. Show players shaking hands. Have reporter interview coach.

If EA would set up this kind of presentation, it would keep me coming back for more!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #44
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well you kind of contradict yourself right there don't you? On one hand you say it should be all about game play but then on the other you remember how cool the ambulance was. I agree with you that the gameplay needs to be solid BUT I think that either way, adding extras into the game can help make a tolerable game much better and more fun to play.
Not contradictory. I look at presentation right now as cut scenes, highlights, etc. I hate those. They are OK the first few times, after that they are just in the way.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Not contradictory. I look at presentation right now as cut scenes, highlights, etc. I hate those. They are OK the first few times, after that they are just in the way.
True but that's basically all the ambulance was, although due to it's rarity people never grew to hate it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »