Home

Presentation...how important is it to you?

This is a discussion on Presentation...how important is it to you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Presentation...how important is it to you?

Aside from gameplay, presentation ranks high on many gamers' lists. So I wanted to start a thread to find out how important is the presentation aspect of the NCAA series to you (including pre-game intro, sideline cut scenes, graphic displays and banners, commentary, halftime report, post-game show). As most of us hardcore football fans know, the game begins long before the first kick off as the analysts break down the action to take place on the field. Good presentation can make the big game feel even bigger and add that extra intangible that really makes you feel like you're playing for the national championship on tv, hosing a rival in front of the spotlight, or taking out a powerhouse with a div-1aa school on the big stage. Lack of presentation call, well, leave the game feeling empty and lifeless. So how important is presentation to you? If EA reveals that we will have virtually the same pregame intro as last year, same commentary, same graphic banners, same halftime show (that is, no show) and same post game wrapup, will that effect your overall enthusiasm for the game? Will it make you less inclined to buy NCAA 10?

Looking forward to reading your responses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Presentation...how important is it to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Aside from gameplay, presentation ranks high on many gamers' lists. So I wanted to start a thread to find out how important is the presentation aspect of the NCAA series to you (including pre-game intro, sideline cut scenes, graphic displays and banners, commentary, halftime report, post-game show). As most of us hardcore football fans know, the game begins long before the first kick off as the analysts break down the action to take place on the field. Good presentation can make the big game feel even bigger and add that extra intangible that really makes you feel like you're playing for the national championship on tv, hosing a rival in front of the spotlight, or taking out a powerhouse with a div-1aa school on the big stage. Lack of presentation call, well, leave the game feeling empty and lifeless. So how important is presentation to you? If EA reveals that we will have virtually the same pregame intro as last year, same commentary, same graphic banners, same halftime show (that is, no show) and same post game wrapup, will that effect your overall enthusiasm for the game? Will it make you less inclined to buy NCAA 10?

Looking forward to reading your responses.
I have always said and believed that great presentaion to include all of the above plus custom camera angles could offset some deficiencies in gameplay. Presentation provides a feeling of immersion that most sports gamers are thriving for. A good example is NBA 2k9. It has great presentaion, and the immersion factor is on par with MLB the Show..despite it's gameplay issues thatt's what keeps me still wanting to play it...I hope NCAA and Madden follow the lead because I quicly got bored with both last year...
Old 04-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Presentation is huge for me. It's every bit as important as graphics and keeps the game fresh.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Presentation is huge for me. It's every bit as important as graphics and keeps the game fresh.
+1
Old 04-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

If the presentation sucks again, but the gameplay is fixed I'll just do what I did this year...mute the commentary and play one of the 200+ albums from my iPod through the USB port

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I have always said and believed that great presentaion to include all of the above plus custom camera angles could offset some deficiencies in gameplay.
Well said. So few people understand this. Once you're immersed in the experience you give less weight to other issues. I know 2K5 had a number of issues, but I was too busy being immersed in the world they created to care about them much at all.

The perfect scenario is to have that kind of presentation plus have all of the other stuff worked out, but when presentation is whack it just makes the game feel naked and it makes you focus on a bunch of other issues because there is no diversion.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

While it would be nice...at some point you start hearing/seeing the same things and begin to skip it. But it would be a great addition.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
While it would be nice...at some point you start hearing/seeing the same things and begin to skip it. But it would be a great addition.
i agree, but i think there is a way to get both.

in real life, you dont have corso/herb/etc going through a pregame of every game, they do a big show before all games, highlighting the 4-5 biggest games each week.

i think they could implement something like that, where they pick the 3-4-5 biggest games that week, and give us a run down with picks, with the game of the week being corso and his mascot head pick. this could be an option to watch when you first go to the play week screen.

and you could still keep the quick one right before the game.

also, someone mentioned something about halftime shows, etc. i think what would be better would be some kind of halftime adjustments. allowing you to give you're team a boost in some categories and/or certain plays. like if you're getting roasted on d with the run, boost the run d, kinda like the timeout help thing in 09. or if a certain play is killing you, like the sweep, a boost for outside run contain. or if you see something that you have been setting up for the first half, like a reverse or a good bit of p/a, give a boost to those plays. not necessarily a big boost, but something like more awareness of those type plays.

and during that screen, you could be showing the band performing on the field in the background, like the replays do during the pick-a-play screen now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »