Home

What EA would do if they were smart...

This is a discussion on What EA would do if they were smart... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8
What EA would do if they were smart...

I would look at the COD series and specifically Trey Arch. Every game anymore has demos in some sort of single player mode. Trey Arch went out and made their demo a Multi-Player Demo with 3 maps and several weapons. They also brought it out real early and gave it to people that paid $5.00 down on the game.

EA needs to make a Demo that is User vs. User. Let these avid players go head to head with just a couple of teams and try to work out some bugs and give feedback. Bleep community day because it does little for them accept marketing. Many of those guys are Madden guys and don't care about NCAA. The feedback would be much more honest than what they get from the people attending community day or whatever it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: What EA would do if they were smart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I would look at the COD series and specifically Trey Arch. Every game anymore has demos in some sort of single player mode. Trey Arch went out and made their demo a Multi-Player Demo with 3 maps and several weapons. They also brought it out real early and gave it to people that paid $5.00 down on the game..

You realize that Treyarch did NOT create the Call of Duty series dont you? Infinity Ward created CoD, Treyarch was just given CoD so Activison can whore out the franchise and turn out a new game every year. You do also know that IW put out a multiplayer beta for Call of Duty 4 right? What Treyarch did was nothing new. If anything Treyarch is a developer EA need NOT listen to.

But i see what you are getting at. Last yrs Madden demo was horrible. I mean i didnt buy the game anyway, but that demo really really did help to sway me into purchasing it.

Last edited by ProjectSRT; 04-08-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
You realize that Treyarch did NOT create the Call of Duty series dont you? Infinity Ward created CoD, Treyarch was just given CoD so Activison can whore out the franchise and turn out a new game every year. You do also know that IW put out a multiplayer beta for Call of Duty 4 right? What Treyarch did was nothing new. If anything Treyarch is a developer EA need NOT listen to.

But i see what you are getting at. Last yrs Madden demo was horrible. I mean i didnt buy the game anyway, but that demo really really did help to sway me into purchasing it.
You do realize you sound like a bleep bag every time you post?

Where did I say that EA should listen to Trey Arch? Not going to make this a Trey Arch vs. IW vs. Activision thread. This had nothing to do with who did what first and who made what on that series. It has to do with EA stealing someone else's idea.

If you read what I said then you would get from it that EA should use the idea of making a multi-player demo rather than just playing the bad CPU.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

That would be smart, but I don't see it ever happening.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
You do realize you sound like a bleep bag every time you post?

Where did I say that EA should listen to Trey Arch? Not going to make this a Trey Arch vs. IW vs. Activision thread. This had nothing to do with who did what first and who made what on that series. It has to do with EA stealing someone else's idea.

If you read what I said then you would get from it that EA should use the idea of making a multi-player demo rather than just playing the bad CPU.
Thats because im always responding to something you posted. Made the connection yet?

And i know exactly what you meant, which is why i said

"But i see what you are getting at."

If they were to give us a demo early, the community could give some feedback, but they already do that, at the community day. Maybe they could change the format for community day, bring out some fans with no journalistic ties(how they go about selecting said fans, you decide)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

They wouldn't put out a beta for a football game ever..there would be way too many complaints..people wanting more of this, take this out, add this. It would get them nowhere. I think the community day along with the dev. feedback, our wish lists & comments on the forums is a pretty solid way to go about this.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
They wouldn't put out a beta for a football game ever..there would be way too many complaints..people wanting more of this, take this out, add this. It would get them nowhere. I think the community day along with the dev. feedback, our wish lists & comments on the forums is a pretty solid way to go about this.
But what did we get out of community day last year? You got an entire group of guys telling EA that the OL/DL interaction was wrong. They didn't fix it.

If they put out this early beta demo they could get things fixed for a patch.

What was really disappointing last year is they had two patches and neither made the game any better.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

It was a beta. Lol You guys keep referring to it as a demo. Its sorta different.

And no. I don't like the idea. I think thats what community days are for. The time frame for a game like Madden wouldn't allow a significant period of time where the game could have a beta that turned results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »