Home

Coaching Carousel?

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
Rookie

KStateFan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Coaching Carousel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if they could get it anywhere near how College Hoops 2k8 did theirs, it would be great.
+1
Old 04-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #10
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

This would have no value to me.

Maybe if I had played this College Hoops game and seen it in action, I would feel differently. As it is, I would hate to see them take away from bug fixes or better features to implement a coaching carousel.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I think this would add a lot of intrigue. For instance... .West Virginia in 2016 still runs the same damn offense they did when Rich Rodriguez was at the helm.... c'mon... Not necessarily intrigue, but just keep it from being so damn boring playing these teams year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
This would have no value to me.

Maybe if I had played this College Hoops game and seen it in action, I would feel differently. As it is, I would hate to see them take away from bug fixes or better features to implement a coaching carousel.
Honestly think of a full feature to add to dynasty mode that'd be better. Shuffling of coaches, them bringing in their system, recruiting for it, maybe you randomly get fired for some big time coach or something. It'd be great to have.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #13
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo9000
Honestly think of a full feature to add to dynasty mode that'd be better. Shuffling of coaches, them bringing in their system, recruiting for it, maybe you randomly get fired for some big time coach or something. It'd be great to have.
I honestly don't see the value in it. Why do I want the possibility of getting fired after competing against my buddies for several seasons and having finally built up a team of my own recruits? Maybe I'm missing something.

The best feature I've heard of so far (or can think of) for OD is the custom conferences that they are actually implementing. That has huge value to me, to allow you to have decent user vs user schedules with teams and a conference of the prestige that you want.

Other than that, the biggest feature I would want for online dynasty would be better web site support. Right now the web site has marginal value at best, if a team has played their game I can see that they played and whether they have recruiting left. But I still can't tell who won (it's wrong half the time), if a team hasn't played a game yet I don't know if it's because they had a bye or what, and I can't even see a team's rank if they haven't played yet. And it does nothing in the offseason. It would be awesome if the web site allowed you to do your recruiting via the web, sim games or advance the week via the web, and in a perfect world it could keep stats too (i.e. you can see your team/player stats/awards for every year you've played).
Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

I am still waiting patiently for this. As stated before, the College Hoops 2K8 did it was perfect.

Sideshow Bob

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »