Home

Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I.

This is a discussion on Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #17
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
we should be able to ditch a bunch of house rules so SEC D's can actually play like them.
SEC defenses didn't look to tough to me when I watched them.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #18
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
A little additional info from ncaastrategies cdj (who saw this stuff first hand at the community event):

CDJ's quote scares me and here is why. The play books need a major overhaul because there are so many plays that are the same from every formation.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #19
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
SEC defenses didn't look to tough to me when I watched them.
I hate Bama but you guys caught them at the right time, but make no mistake, you guys wouldn't have made it thru the SEC like they did during the regular season.

Utah is a fine program which leads me to another idea EA should take note of. Utah was very upper-classmen heavy, am I right? The experience/composure needs to be a significant factor in a team's overall rating. This should be a huge part of ratings, which we all know need work.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #20
Rookie

nstod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Utah was very upper-classmen heavy, am I right?
Most definitely. 5th year QB, most WR's were seniors, and a senior place kicker/punter. Defense was pretty young, though.

I do agree. They need to be able to reflect the difference between a 5th year senior and a freshman QB a bit better in this game.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #21
TWC
Rookie

TWC's Arena

OVR: 2

If I run up the middle two or three times in a row, and the CPU adjusts to it, would the play action pass become more effective? If I use a formation audible, would the CPU still adjust to the audible like they know the play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #22
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC
If I run up the middle two or three times in a row, and the CPU adjusts to it, would the play action pass become more effective? If I use a formation audible, would the CPU still adjust to the audible like they know the play?
That's what I assume, except it would have to be that the run was very effective, and thus causing the AI to pinch the line and bring 8 in the box (to my understanding). Hopefully that's just for the formation thought, so like if you go into a Singleback after running 5+ yards from a HB Slam in the I-form, it won't assume that you will be doing the same thing.
Reminds me of the system HC used when calling plays on defense. Listed the current setup of the offense, and the percent breakdown of the top plays called from that formation on that down.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #23
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm hyped!

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 04-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #24
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Two questions regarding Adaptive A.I.:

1. This isn't going to be anything like Madden IQ is it, because the Madden IQ in 09 sucked. I mean really really really sucked bad.

2. As far the the cpu making adjustments to your play calling, hasn't it done this for years now? If I run a lot of option plays and am succussful doing so, the cpu defense usually adjusts in order to shut down the option.

I am not putting this down because if this is actually something new in the AI dept and will make the game more life like then I am all for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »