Home

Is the dreaded "Greased Pig Animation" still in NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Is the dreaded "Greased Pig Animation" still in NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Is the dreaded "Greased Pig Animation" still in NCAA 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Wait until the games are released before passing judgment, please. I could see your complaint as valid if all the info on the games had been released, but even that hasn't happened yet.
I agree i should wait to pass judgment of the game but its just a feeling i get when looking a madden and ncaa

Madden is making huge strides forward while NCAA is struggling to tread water (again this is how I feel)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #26
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

I agree, it does feel like that right now, but I'm not going to express my frustration with either game (hopefully I have none) until I get my hands on them.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #27
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

in addition to the op, id like to see suction blocks, and canned animations (especially on catches) disappear. i have literally seen linebackers get ready to attempt the pick before i press the button im planning on throwing to

Last edited by Young J 334; 04-11-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:14 AM   #28
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

They need to fix this...NCAA was probably the worst football game I've ever played last year. Just horrible.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #29
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

this happens waaaaay too much in '09; i cant buy '10 knowing that it's still too wide open...
Old 04-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
It most defiantly was necessary, i want to know what the ncaa team is doing with their time. When it comes to madden i'm super stoked to play it because they've added all these things to the game that will make it awesome whereas ncaa we get oh it didn't make the budget or oh we didn't have the time. What it boils down to is ncaa just keeps coming up with excuses while madden is " If you see it on sunday, youll see it in madden"
Ncaa is getting everything madden is getting gameplay wise, i believe the only things NCAA isnt getting is hand towels , refs and the new QB ratings which no one knows how that is gonna work out.

I guess hand towels really does put a game over the edge...
Old 04-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #31
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
I agree i should wait to pass judgment of the game but its just a feeling i get when looking a madden and ncaa
Did not play Madden last year, but the greased pig was a gross abomination of football. You could even run up to the ball carrier, slow down using LT (strafe), and try to square up for the tackle but it didn't matter. The worst is when you see the guy just lose his footing when chasing from behind - like in the UTEP video and it happens over, and over.

Adam - hope you're able to comment on whether or not this is being looked at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #32
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
??? If a defender is going full stride towards the ball carrier, then won't he be running into this ball carrier (and likely running over them)?

Show me an example of real world footage where a player is running full speed towards a ball carrier or receiver, then stumbles on their own feet, then gives that ball carrier a speed burst while creating ZERO contact between the players.

As a matter of fact, can anyone come up with this footage because I'd love to submit it to America's Funniest Home Videos.
You obviously haven't seen Morgan Trent play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »