Home

Online Dynasty Video continued

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty Video continued within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Online Dynasty Video continued

Russell,

Did you get my PM about Competive Recruiting? Basically what it says is...

Competitive recruiting or negative recruiting as it is called in real life is an interesting feature to add. I just hope that it is balanced like in real life. While some recruits do buy into negative recruiting, many recruits are turned off by it. I've heard many a recruit say, "Don't talk bad about another school or tell me what they can't do for me. Talk about your school and what YOU CAN do for me."

Taking that into account, I really hope that it is truly a gamble to use this feature, and not a sure fire way to hurt other schools in recruiting (i.e. a guy in an OD recruits really well, and a group of buddies decide to team up against that guy because he gets his share of good recruits and they negative recruit against him to hurt his recruiting efforts, etc.)

I hope you guys take this into consideration and make it realistic.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8
Russell,

Did you get my PM about Competive Recruiting? Basically what it says is...

Competitive recruiting or negative recruiting as it is called in real life is an interesting feature to add. I just hope that it is balanced like in real life. While some recruits do buy into negative recruiting, many recruits are turned off by it. I've heard many a recruit say, "Don't talk bad about another school or tell me what they can't do for me. Talk about your school and what YOU CAN do for me."

Taking that into account, I really hope that it is truly a gamble to use this feature, and not a sure fire way to hurt other schools in recruiting (i.e. a guy in an OD recruits really well, and a group of buddies decide to team up against that guy because he gets his share of good recruits and they negative recruit against him to hurt his recruiting efforts, etc.)

I hope you guys take this into consideration and make it realistic.
I can't speak for EA, but I wouldn't be surprised if some risk was inherent in competitive recruiting. Reason being, with any kind of pitch action (find pitch, hard sell, sway) there is always a risk that the recruit will get angry and hang up the call before you finish your objective. Since competitive recruiting decreases the interest in your opponent's school (and presumably does not increase the interest in your opponent's school), if you use your call time on competitive recruiting and the recruit starts to get upset, you might cost yourself a chance to increase his interest.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

that sounds good.

what about the quantity of recruits per position? in '09 there were far too many WRs/CBs/HBs etc... and far too few O-Linemen. eventually the CPU controlled team would be filled with walk-ons and playing WRs at the O-line positions.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
that sounds good.

what about the quantity of recruits per position? in '09 there were far too many WRs/CBs/HBs etc... and far too few O-Linemen. eventually the CPU controlled team would be filled with walk-ons and playing WRs at the O-line positions.
I believe someone from EA said that cpu teams won't "over" recruit positions and will fill recruit based off of there position needs.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
I believe someone from EA said that cpu teams won't "over" recruit positions and will fill recruit based off of there position needs.
thats only part of the problem though. '09 had far too few OL recruits to begin with, and too many skill position recruits.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
thats only part of the problem though. '09 had far too few OL recruits to begin with, and too many skill position recruits.
i think the problem begins with there being 2,000 something recruits in the database to begin with. With no FCS teams in the game that number is far too high to me.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
i think the problem begins with there being 2,000 something recruits in the database to begin with. With no FCS teams in the game that number is far too high to me.
it would also be nice to have the guys you cut become walk-ons for the cpu teams. unless you put restrictions on yourself you end up taking all of the good players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #16
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah we've been spending a lot of our Dynasty tuning time on trying to ensure there is a better spread among the recruits, both in the Top 100 and just total numbers.

I covered in the EA Sports Live from Monday that using Competitive Recruiting will have its own set of risks. I would give it a listen, those guys put on a good show.

1. You will need to spend your recruiting time, so you'll have to find that balance of how much to spend talking about you vs. talking about them.

2. Some recruits will just plain not want to hear it, there is a chance they will hang up on you rather quickly when you attempt to use Competitive Recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »