Home

Online Dynasty Video continued

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty Video continued within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #25
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Online Dynasty Video continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Russ has been tuning this and is doing a great job. I've been going through dynasty mode testing the recruiting and FINALLY I'm seeing centers rated about 3 stars! Also, there aren't a million blue chip QBs anymore, so we probably won't be seeing those CPU teams with 7 90+ QBs in future years of dynasty.
thats really good to hear, all the recruiting problems kind of ruined long-term dynasties in '09 for me.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #26
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Thanks for the clarification OMT and Russ - like others have said, a blog that included these minor details would be great.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #27
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

another question for Russ or Adam, have you looked into or fixed the bug with the commissioner's in-season player progression?

basically the commissioner only gets 1-2 week of progression, then his/her players gain nothing for the rest of the year until off-season training. it's a real disadvantage for the commish.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Old 04-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

OMT have you looked into how ATH's attributes are affected when you change positions? I hate when I get an ATH who can play CB, but when I put him there his acceleration drops from 93 to 70...It makes no sense at all.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #29
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eritraj
OMT have you looked into how ATH's attributes are affected when you change positions? I hate when I get an ATH who can play CB, but when I put him there his acceleration drops from 93 to 70...It makes no sense at all.
Russ has been looking into it. he made a post here about it.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #30
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Icon12 Re: Online Dynasty Video continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Not far from the truth, I think it more has to do with the fact that you can find way to many "quality" players that are 2 and 3 stars.

I do not feel we should have true freshman coming into the game near 90 every year (if at all).
There is probably a legitimate 2-star prospect on every high school football team in the country. The problem is that there are so many 1-star prospects in this game who go completely unrecruited while CPU controlled top schools like USC, Michigan, and Florida waste their time fighting over 2-star FB/TE/C. Users cherry pick the 4-5 star guys that the CPU seems to neglect and can consistently build a better program because of it.

There needs to be a lot more depth in the 2-star range. Most FB/TE/OL prospects fall into that 2-3 star category in real life, but most of them are 1-star prospects in NCAA 09. I'd say that 9 out of 10 college football programs are built from 2-3 star prospects in real life.

As long as we aren't seeing elite athletes (95+ SPD or 6'7" WR's) in the 2-3 star range, then it would make a huge improvement in recruiting and the speed balance between schools.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #31
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Russ has been tuning this and is doing a great job. I've been going through dynasty mode testing the recruiting and FINALLY I'm seeing centers rated about 3 stars! Also, there aren't a million blue chip QBs anymore, so we probably won't be seeing those CPU teams with 7 90+ QBs in future years of dynasty.
Hopefully, CPU teams won't have as many as 7 QB's on its roster. Texas has 14 QB's in year 4 of our OD.

I also feel it's better to have the CPU work within the 70 man limit or stay as close to it as possible. This way your powerhouse programs focus on less players so they only have to sign 16-18 per year on average and the quality will be much better. Between this and requiring more depth along the OL will be a big help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #32
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I never played Madden '09, but what i got Madden IQ was more of a difficulty level/slider thing while Adaptive AI is more about playcalling, strategy, and ratings. but I never played Madden '09 so i could be wrong.
i'm pretty sure all this was already in the game. It just didn't have a label last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »