Home

One of the cover athletes was leaked today

This is a discussion on One of the cover athletes was leaked today within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #17
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: One of the cover athletes was leaked today

I'm still bitter I have to look at that douche bag DeSean Jackson on the cover of my beloved PS2 version.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
He's the perfect example of a 5* Student-3* Athlete. He was a average football player at best. I really hope you were joking about him on the cover. He made 5 plays that made you go wow his entire career. Had he came out of HS a 3* ath I wouldnt have a problem w/ him, but he didnt he came out a 5* and never lived up to the hype. I guess Weatherford she be on the cover also??
Time for a good ole' friendly debate! lol
Myron Rolle to me represents the perfect "college athlete" to be rewarded by being on the cover. He may not have lived up to many peoples expectations but, he went beyond EVERYONE'S expectations by not going pro and excepting the Rhodes scholly. A lot of players are given some stars because its FSU who is recruiting them so that means they must be good. We can list many...hold your Xavier Lee comments until the conclusion of my lecture please...players who went to FSU as 5* stars and did nothing. I could except Myron Rolle because his skills went beyond football..he respresented the college student athlete. Guys shouldn't get covers because they are expected to be good in the pros, they should get it for their college accomplishments. And besides Joey Harrington and the Jared guy from Boise State made covers!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 38

if were talking about good all round student athletes then I wouldn't. Mind seeing javon ringer on the cover
Old 04-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
if were talking about good all round student athletes then I wouldn't. Mind seeing javon ringer on the cover
I 2nd that
Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

I called this a couple weeks ago that he'd get a cover. Nice find though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #22
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
He's the perfect example of a 5* Student-3* Athlete. He was a average football player at best. I really hope you were joking about him on the cover. He made 5 plays that made you go wow his entire career. Had he came out of HS a 3* ath I wouldnt have a problem w/ him, but he didnt he came out a 5* and never lived up to the hype. I guess Weatherford she be on the cover also??
You make a valid point. I think the reason that Rolle may have underperformed was the same reason he is an excellent student athlete. While many on the FSU squad use the off-season to hit the gym, get faster, stronger, study film ect, he was working his tail off to finish a pre-med degree in 2 and 1/2 years. So his physical growth probably wasn't what it could've been if he went after a BS in lawn management or something like that. At least that is what I would like to think.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #23
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12

i'm guessin ps2 for BJ
Old 04-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #24
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Yea Rob im definitely not knocking his academics. You made a good point, while most of his teammates were taking under water basket weaving during the summer and working out, Rolle was in europe actually making a difference. On another note Im happy to see good college players on the front not necessary high projected picks in the NFL Draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »