Home

Why do people worry so much about player ratings?

This is a discussion on Why do people worry so much about player ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Why do people worry so much about player ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I can understand how important ratings can be for online players. I also know that some guys love talking about them along with accessories and everything else. I just wish we would have a stickied, dedicated thread to ratings and accessories and keep them out of the impressions thread. Otherwise things get too cluttered imo.
I agree there are a lot of threads that arent necessary! But who wants to scan through 11+ pages of threads to find 1?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #10
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

I bet you its a lot easier being a Florida Gator fan and having to worry about ratings...same goes with FSU.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

There ratings was bad to make up for the crappy game play. They purposely made people slower are faster to make them good or poor because speed was the only thing that mattered! That had better not be the case this year or im done with NCAA. If they make Tyrod Taylor or Terrelle Pryor speed in the 80's im not going be happy.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
There ratings was bad to make up for the crappy game play. They purposely made people slower are faster to make them good or poor because speed was the only thing that mattered! That had better not be the case this year or im done with NCAA. If they make Tyrod Taylor or Terrelle Pryor speed in the 80's im not going be happy.
That's always been the case with video games. Emmitt Smith would always have very high speed, etc. because the game couldn't make him good simply from vision, toughness, ball-security, blocking, all the things that made him a Hall of Famer despite marginal speed.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #13
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Exactly!! Ratings has always been used as a way for EA to be lazy.

Just going back to the topic though, I forgot to add when people ask about accessories. I hate that just as much, maybe even more. I don't care what helmet, visors, cleats, and tape is in the game until they fix the gameplay, presentation, features (Dynasty). Just give the right helmets and uniforms and I could care less about the other stuff until they fix what I want fixed. It's stupid to complain about dressings when more important stuff NEEDS to be addressed.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Tecmo was the king of that. Greatness = great speed. Was a great game though back in the day.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
I'm not saying it's not important, but it's not as important as a lot of other things. When this really pees me off is when people get their hands on the game early and will answer people's questions they have about the game. Then someone comes in and ask "what are the ratings for so and so." I usually get the game a couple of days early and I will answer questions, but I refuse to answer ratings questions.

Is it going to make or break the purchase of the game for you if the player is not rated the way they should be? Remember you can change it your self.

The focus should always be gameplay, presentation, and then features.

I just don't get it. I've been wanting to rant on this for awhile if you can't tell ha ha.
I never understood that either. Why would it matter. Before you start a new dynasty you can change ratings if you want. i personally could care less. I usually SIM 2 years so i can put my team together to my liking and start to build Dept (which looks like it could mean something this year with an improved fatigue system).

Different strokes for .....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I never understood that either. Why would it matter.
How about reading the thread for an answer to your question.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »