Home

Predictions on the top 5 Highest Rated Players in NCAA 10

This is a discussion on Predictions on the top 5 Highest Rated Players in NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Predictions on the top 5 Highest Rated Players in NCAA 10

I'm still waiting for someone to post the ratings that will make Tebow a 99 rated QB in this game!!!!!! McCoy has Awr, Spd, THACC, THPWR, Spin, Juke, stiff arm, Acceleration, Jump, Carries, tackle, and a little bit of trucking. lol. Someone show me what ratings in this game make Tim Tebow a 99 rated player. We all know that certain ratings make video game players great without being rated 99 overall. McCoy #1 overall!

P.S. this is a great discussion/ debate in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I can see Taylor Mays getting up in the top 5 along with Eric Berry. They are 2 of the best safeties in the history of College Football and are both projected to be top 10 picks in the next NFL Draft.

You can't count out Mays because he doesn't put up the stats, but that's what I call the Nnamdi Asomugha treatment. QB's rarely throw to him. Just like Big Ben against the Ravens in the playoffs last year. You barely saw Reed in on any plays because the opposing offense kept the ball away from him. You have to respect a play that whole offenses avoid.
meh, anybody can drop deep in cover 2/cover 3 every play

and i wouldn't call it the Asomugha treatment, shaun taylor was a great safety and made plays on an even better defense than that of usc

no way he's one of the best safeties of all times.....lol
Old 04-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #67
Rookie

I don't think Mays should be rated 99 eventhough he is a very good safety in my book. Its like he's talented but doesn't make many plays thats why I say no on a 99 rating. Maybe because teams are ducking him. But when you look at his attributes on paper its hard not to say he shouldn't be rated 99. That dude's size and skills are amazing!

But like I say, just because someone is overrated, that doesn't mean they are sad.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #68
Rookie

And Mays brings me back to Tebow! lol Mays, who I don't think should be rated 99, could be because all these attributes would be rated high. Spd, ACC, Tackle, Hit Power, Man Cov., Zone Cov, AWR, Pursuit, Press, Stamina, Catch, and Block shedding...maybe even more ratings. So his 99 overall can be backed up. Show me the ratings for Tebow.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
And Mays brings me back to Tebow! lol Mays, who I don't think should be rated 99, could be because all these attributes would be rated high. Spd, ACC, Tackle, Hit Power, Man Cov., Zone Cov, AWR, Pursuit, Press, Stamina, Catch, and Block shedding...maybe even more ratings. So his 99 overall can be backed up. Show me the ratings for Tebow.
yeah, he's a specimen, he just has good measurables, i think if u put him in a situation where he would be forced to make plays i still don't think he would deliver/ be a game changer like berry
Old 04-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone to post the ratings that will make Tebow a 99 rated QB in this game!!!!!! McCoy has Awr, Spd, THACC, THPWR, Spin, Juke, stiff arm, Acceleration, Jump, Carries, tackle, and a little bit of trucking. lol. Someone show me what ratings in this game make Tim Tebow a 99 rated player. We all know that certain ratings make video game players great without being rated 99 overall. McCoy #1 overall!

P.S. this is a great discussion/ debate in my opinion.
Tebow has all of those too...
Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #71
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone to post the ratings that will make Tebow a 99 rated QB in this game!!!!!! McCoy has Awr, Spd, THACC, THPWR, Spin, Juke, stiff arm, Acceleration, Jump, Carries, tackle, and a little bit of trucking. lol. Someone show me what ratings in this game make Tim Tebow a 99 rated player.
I'm not sure exactly what it is that you are objecting to.

But according to a spreadsheet posted on easports.com last June ( http://easports.com/downloads/easpor...oster_info.xls ),
Tebow was already a 99 as a junior in NCAA 09. So if you think he should be a 99 for NCAA 10 then I guess you're going to be disappointed.

PLYR_LASTNAMEQB #15
PLYR_YEARJunior
PLYR_POSITIONQB
PLYR_OVERALLRATING99
PLYR_SPEED84
PLYR_STRENGTH85
PLYR_AGILITY82
PLYR_ACCELERATION84
PLYR_AWARENESS88
PLYR_BREAKTACKLE84
PLYR_TRUCKING_NG90
PLYR_ELUSIVENESS_NG65
PLYR_BCVISION_NG85
PLYR_STIFFARM_NG88
PLYR_SPINMOVE_NG80
PLYR_JUKEMOVE_NG80
PLYR_CARRYING85
PLYR_THROWPOWER97
PLYR_THROWACCURACY93
PLYR_STAMINA93
PLYR_INJURY95

Last edited by TrevJo; 04-17-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #72
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
according to a spreadsheet posted on easports.com last June ( http://easports.com/downloads/easpor...oster_info.xls ),
Tebow was already a 99 as a junior in NCAA 09.
Interesting by the way to see that Aaron Curry was rated 88, with 80 speed and 78 strength. Pretty moderate attributes for a guy who a year later would run a 4.56 40 and bench 25 reps at the combine, en route to a probable top 5 draft selection!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »