Home

Wide Open Gameplay your friend!

This is a discussion on Wide Open Gameplay your friend! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 AM   #41
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Wide Open Gameplay your friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Because WOGP is completely based around a dumbed down defense. How many times do people have to tell you this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
What f'ing game are you playing?

This game has the most horrendous running animations in the brief history of next-gen and EVERY catch animation is scripted to a tee to the point where players can leap 30 feet in the air for INTs and warp into catches.

I swear sometimes I don't even think people play this game.
The running animation might have not looked great ,but I enjoyed the free feel. The way the game felt had nothing to do with defense. IMO 09 felt less scripted then 08 or 07 and I like it. If you didnt feel the difference between 09 and 08 just in the movement alone then I question if you have played this game or not because it was obvious from the 1st time I played 09.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #42
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

lol, all you posters trying to open the eyes of the OP are doing it in vain. Isn't it obvious he is one of those people that has an opinion and will take it to his grave no matter what?

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 04-19-2009, 06:10 AM   #43
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
lol, all you posters trying to open the eyes of the OP are doing it in vain. Isn't it obvious he is one of those people that has an opinion and will take it to his grave no matter what?
So? He's entitled to his opinion. Some people really liked '09. If 100 people chime in and say they hate it, does that really matter? Should that change his opinion? Plus a lot of guys are complaining about how the game plays online. With sliders the offline game could be pretty decent.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Nobody will agree on everything and nobody has to.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #44
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

This forum is one big pissy fit after another and threads like this prove it.

I joined here to get some good information about NCAA football, which I have thanks to some hardworking individuals, but jiminy christmas! Some of you are such poopy-heads (fixed for rudy).

Last edited by EvanRG; 04-19-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 AM   #45
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
This forum is one big pissy fit after another and threads like this prove it.

I joined here to get some good information about NCAA football, which I have thanks to some hardworking individuals, but jiminy christmas! Some of you are such pricks.
This forum was often lenient in the past. Even big supporters like ODogg last year would always stay positive. But this year has clearly been more negative and I'm a part of that. People are just frustrated with how long it's taking to make a good football game - one that matches or exceeds the fun we had on the PS2. Every other sport like basketball, hockey and baseball can say their sport is probably the best it's ever been done on a console. Not football.

I can understand you wanting a more positive outlook considering the bitching can get out of control. But calling guys pricks is just going to get you in trouble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #46
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

I fixed it for you.

I understand your frustration, but isn't it a little late for all of these posts!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #47
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I fixed it for you.

I understand your frustration, but isn't it a little late for all of these posts!
Poopy head lol. My kids would get a kick out of that.

But you are right, this game is close to going gold. They probably have about a month left to make any changes and most of those will be minor tweaks at this time. No major changes will happen at this point. Even the Madden team is feeling the crunch and they have a month more time than NCAA.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #48
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
I have change my mind on this forum about some things that I didnt know much about ,but the idea I'll change my mind just because a hand full of people disagree with me will never work with me. You have to show me proof or have a better agruement then "EA just invented WOGP to justify bad defense". Once again the first thing i noticed about 09 when I played the demo was how free moving around felt ,the extra animations ,and less scripted ball movement.

Lets not get this mistaking I am in no way shape or form saying that 09 was a complete product. But what Im saying is that there where posotive about the game and IMO WOGP was one of them.

On a side note I think its amazing how people can come here and be closed minded then say somebody else is closed minded. Everybody who posted something negative has there mind set that WOGP is centered around "bad defense" and thats it. If I really felt like NCAA dev. just didnt give a damn I would've stop buying the game year ago and wouldnt show up on forum complaining about everything and trying to insult people who dont feel exactly like I do about everything.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »