Home

Spring Game?

This is a discussion on Spring Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #17
MVP

sdid22's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Spring Game?

Could be simmed with training results simmed. They could implement sping practice (like CL mode) you pick a player and you play as him for 11 on 11 or 7 on 7 and make plays to gain points.

Sometimes you lose guys at key positions and it would be great to work with them through Spring practice and of course the spring game. Nothing like getting those redshirt freshmen and soph's up to par so you don't have to rely on the incoming freshman.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #18
Rookie

Rivers17ncsu's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
I agree, there's no point. It would be a waste of development time.

If you want to evaluate your players, use practice mode.
QFT
Old 04-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #19
Rookie

mjacks10's Arena

OVR: 6

I've never cared for it. Mostly unnecessary IMO. Unless the dev team wants to give it more significance than it currently has, CUM's point of view sums it up perfectly.

"Florida's Urban Meyer, football coach of the defending national champion Gators, doesn't mince words describing spring games.

"Spring games are usually awful, it's not great ball," Meyer said. "But it is a great way to sell your program, show the stadium and show the fans. You don't go to sit there and watch a great game.""

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ive-fans-peek/

Your main vehicle for evaluating talent is practice. Most spring games are so vanilla on both sides of he ball that it's not that good of an indicator as to how someone will perform when it's live.

Last edited by mjacks10; 04-20-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 11

yes, put spring game in, u look at how many people we (alabama) put in the stadium, it let's u know how big it really is.
maybe they could add somthin a little different to the offseason.
maybe there could be like running back drills and pass skeleton for off-season workouts
Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #21
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Spring game is one of my most, if not the most, anticipated parts of the offseason. I love it when a position is open for grabs after a Junior or Senior has gone pro or graduated and I get to see who will fill that spot.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
which last-gen game had spring games? and what did it do?(add to training, nothing, ect...) I never played any of the last-gen games that had it. the last last-gen NCAA game I played was NCAA '06, and I don't remember that one having it.
I think the spring game started in '07. It was a good idea but I found it boring and never bothered after playing one time.

It was more of a controlled scrimmage but you didn't have any of your new recruits (mostly true though). And with the 70 man roster limitation, you often had too few players on your roster and they put in fake players just to fill out your depth chart. Some of those fake players were beasts (99 overall for one guy I think I had - it's been awhile so forgive my memory).

You got to choose the offensive and defensive MVP of the game and they were automatically your impact players to start the next year. I think the performances in the spring game did affect their potential and ratings but I'm not completely sure.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 26

Again i would like to see it just if it would help make your players better like preseason doe sin madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »