Home

Are you jealous of Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Are you jealous of Madden 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you jealous of Madden 10?
Yes 57 57.00%
No 43 43.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 23
Re: Are you jealous of Madden 10?

Wow this forum is alot different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #42
All Star

OVR: 33

You damn should be.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #43
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

The sad part is I love NFL football a lot more than college, but NCAA has online dynasty and I just can't like Madden since it killed 2k5.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #44
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Trust me H2 if this year isnt on point I will get in your boat and ask for a row!
I hear you. I have just been burnt one too many times.

I also look at it like this. There were 16 bit football games better than what EA produces now and EA was the company that produced them. Maybe EA needs to bring back the programmers from that era.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Both NEED to be GREAT.....no check that...A-MAZING!!!

madden was a bit better than o8, but in the end all the silly crapness reared its ugly head. I have gotten so sick of the arcade version of football that madden has become.

Ncaa 09, IMHO, was THEE worst version to date.

BOTH need to be great. Every year alot of us get sour over the lackluster offerings which are our ONLy choices.

BUT...I have more faith this year than i did the last 4. Heres to hoping.
Why do they need to be great? People are going to run out and buy these games regardless. EA has made a lot of money putting out junk the past two years, Madden and NCAA both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #46
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I also look at it like this. There were 16 bit football games better than what EA produces now and EA was the company that produced them. Maybe EA needs to bring back the programmers from that era.
Easy to say but completely untrue. If those football games were so great, why aren't you still playing them?

I absolutely loved Tecmo Bowl back in the day but I can't go back to just guessing at plays and pure arcade style gameplay. Nor do I want the graphics they provide. Some people still love the PS2/Xbox versions and they can still play them and claim them to be the best football games out there but I can't go back to those either.

I understand you hated '09 and you've let everyone know how much you hate this game lol. Given your current level of hatred and disappointment, do you really think NCAA '10 is going to make you happy this year?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #47
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Easy to say but completely untrue. If those football games were so great, why aren't you still playing them?

I absolutely loved Tecmo Bowl back in the day but I can't go back to just guessing at plays and pure arcade style gameplay. Nor do I want the graphics they provide. Some people still love the PS2/Xbox versions and they can still play them and claim them to be the best football games out there but I can't go back to those either.

I understand you hated '09 and you've let everyone know how much you hate this game lol. Given your current level of hatred and disappointment, do you really think NCAA '10 is going to make you happy this year?

Find me a Sega Genesis and I would still play that old Madden Game. Throw in the first NHL as well because that game was Awesome. Shows my age because I was a Jr. in college when those first came out. Damn... 19 years ago.

I am on a wait and see basis with NCAA10. I don't believe anything that comes from and EA employees mouth because they have lost my trust. I used to be a fan boy and do everything to back them up a couple of years ago. I will wait a few weeks after release to decide if I want to make this purchase. I will listen to people like Rhombic, Auburn Alumni, and a handful of others before deciding to buy this game. No way in bleep I will trust that EA has everything they said they have added in the game, have it implemented correctly, and having this game running smooth out of the box. If they do, I will eat crow. However, they don't have a very good track record as of late for developing a quality football game out of the box. For that matter, they can't even get them fixed after a couple of patches.

PS2/Xbox games sucked as well. 2004 was the best Football game in history and then it was down hill. 2005 unplayable. 2006... I don't get how people thought this was a good game. 2006 was good for online leagues only with a list of rules not to cheese. 2007 was the same as 2006 and 2007 is when I became sour with EA. 2007 was horrible. 2008 bad and 2009 was worse than 2008. Tell me why I should believe that 2010 is going to be a good game? I am all ears, but doubt you will convince me. I whole heartedly believe that the entire NCAA and Madden series is headed in the wrong direction. They need to completely overhaul that staff and get football people in there to get the game headed back into the right direction. I am sure that these people are good people. Not questioning that and not questioning their work ethics. However, good people with good work ethic still have the capability to make mistakes. EA football has become a mistake ridden product.

I am in one dynasty right now and that is the only time I plug in NCAA. It is painful to plug the game in and play. This is a Big Ten only dynasty with 10 people in the dynasty. I haven't lost a game in the dynasty playing CPU or Human opponents. This is playing against guys that play this game 7 days a week. I don't see how people can be that bleeping bad at a game.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #48
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
PS2/Xbox games sucked as well. 2004 was the best Football game in history and then it was down hill. 2005 unplayable. 2006... I don't get how people thought this was a good game. 2006 was good for online leagues only with a list of rules not to cheese. 2007 was the same as 2006 and 2007 is when I became sour with EA. 2007 was horrible. 2008 bad and 2009 was worse than 2008. Tell me why I should believe that 2010 is going to be a good game? I am all ears, but doubt you will convince me.

I am in one dynasty right now and that is the only time I plug in NCAA. It is painful to plug the game in and play. This is a Big Ten only dynasty with 10 people in the dynasty. I haven't lost a game in the dynasty playing CPU or Human opponents. This is playing against guys that play this game 7 days a week. I don't see how people can be that bleeping bad at a game.
One thing I believe is that you are an elite gamer. You don't see how people can be that bad (much like fistofrage, Stewaat and some other guys) but most people can't beat the cpu 70-0 on Heisman. Your demands and desires for the game will be far different from the casual gamer and even the majority of gamers on OS. I think they should add a HOF difficulty level like the Show did with "Legend" to create a better challenge for some of you.

I can't say anything to make you change your mind about this series. We have different tastes and skill sets. I loved NCAA '06 and have enjoyed NCAA '08 and NCAA '09 even though I stopped playing them by Christmas. I consider them flawed games but not piles of crap that some people do. You can just skip my impressions when the game comes out in July.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »