Home

Niche Question for OMT

This is a discussion on Niche Question for OMT within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 PM   #17
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Niche Question for OMT

Why was I not informed that Notre Dame is college football?

I was under the impression that they're a mediocre modern day team that was excellent in the past.

Of course, I'm just a young'n.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #18
Rookie

goirish08's Arena

OVR: 3

i like the n/a idea as well...

are there no other domers out there? i guess i'm the only grad on this board, **** i'm in for some long days haha
Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Hah. Sorry, college football is the winningest program in history, and the most bowl appearances in history. Those titles belong to, none other then, the University of Michigan Wolverines. The only people that ND is college football to is Lou Holtz, and idiotic Irish fans.
where did you get that michigan has the most bowl appearances?

they are pretty far down the list. maybe you meant current most consecutive bowl appearances, which was just broken last year at 33, '75-'07. all time your streak of 33 is second only to nebraska's 35 from '69-'03.

btw, here is the top 10 most bowl appearances all time (top 11 to include michigan):

Years 1869-2008
Teams that went to bowls
Team Count
Alabama56
Texas48
USC47
Tennessee47
Nebraska45
Georgia44
Oklahoma42
Penn St.41
Ohio St.40
LSU40
Michigan39
Old 04-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

sorry to hijack the thread.

for the topic, i like the idea of the N/A for conf prestige for ind. teams.

nd, as with most other elite schools, should have plenty of other strong points to sell, such as the tv deal, historical prestige, facilities, fan base, etc.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #21
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Initial conference prestige is hard coded. Every year you advance in dynasty it gets recalculated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by goirish08
i like the n/a idea as well...

are there no other domers out there? i guess i'm the only grad on this board, **** i'm in for some long days haha
There are plenty of us Golden Domers on this board.
Most of us realized a long time ago it is not worth our time to defend ND on this board.
There are way too many people that dislike ND on any message board you will go on, to ever "win" an argument on a message board.

By the way honestly why should ND's conference prestige be maxed out when they are not in a conference? And they will not nor should they ever join a conference in football.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Initial conference prestige is hard coded. Every year you advance in dynasty it gets recalculated.
This is a rather extreme example, but if the Sunbelt all of a sudden starts whooping up on every other conference, does that make their prestige go up? If so, how will that be factored in '10 with custom conferences if I take the best of the old SWC and swap them into the Sunbelt? Will that conference go up in the second year because of the strength of those teams? Just curious.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #24
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
There are plenty of us Golden Domers on this board.
Most of us realized a long time ago it is not worth our time to defend ND on this board.
There are way too many people that dislike ND on any message board you will go on, to ever "win" an argument on a message board.

By the way honestly why should ND's conference prestige be maxed out when they are not in a conference? And they will not nor should they ever join a conference in football.
The thing that gets me is ND wants to be in the Big East for basketball... but they are too (fill in the blank) to join a football conference? Right there is your answer for why people hate ND. Because they get special privileges for no good reason to the rest of us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »