Home

Wikipedia rumors Crabtree as Xbox 360 Cover Athlete

This is a discussion on Wikipedia rumors Crabtree as Xbox 360 Cover Athlete within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #41
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Wikipedia rumors Crabtree as Xbox 360 Cover Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yeah but even though we all might think testing positive for marijuana is a minor thing and no big deal, companies don't usually like to associate themselves with controversy. We all saw Michael Phelps lose sponsorships.
I agree with your statement. The positive test won't help him in any way, that's for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 9

^An oft-understated fact is that Kellog just decided not to renew any of the US swimming team's sponsorships. Read that in an ESPN article about A-Rod, Phelps, and the perils of celebbrity.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 18

It may be true, and probably is, but you can't always trust Wiki. Anybody can write stuff.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #44
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

i wouldnt put a guy who failed a drug test on the front of my game that I'm marketing to kids. EA better rethink this is thats the case.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #45
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
^An oft-understated fact is that Kellog just decided not to renew any of the US swimming team's sponsorships. Read that in an ESPN article about A-Rod, Phelps, and the perils of celebbrity.
yes but Kelloggs said themselves that they did not want to associate themselves with Phelps. Their deal with Phelps expired after the deal with the rest of the swim team expired so the decision to not bring back Phelps was not because they weren't bringing back the rest of the swim team. It was because of the controversy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/swimmi...ory?id=3887484

Kellogg Co. said Thursday that it will drop its endorsement deal with Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps following his acknowledgment he inhaled from a marijuana pipe.

The 23-year-old swimming star has apologized for his "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after a photo appeared Sunday in the British tabloid News of the World that showed Phelps inhaling from a marijuana pipe.

Most of his major sponsors, such as Visa Inc., Speedo, luxury Swiss watchmaker Omega and sports beverage PureSport's maker Human Performance Labs, stood by the athlete following the news, even if they didn't condone his behavior.

But Battle Creek, Mich.-based cereal and snack maker Kellogg said Phelps's behavior is "not consistent with the image of Kellogg."

Phelps's agent was not immediately available to comment.
Kellogg had contracts with Phelps and other Olympic athletes to support its association with the U.S. Olympic team. The company said in a statement that it will not renew its contract with Phelps, which expires at the end of February.

The company did not renew its deal with the US Olympic Team, which expired in December.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #46
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i see Barack Obama is on the cover of the 360.
It would be just my luck if that were true. It's bad enough he and his teleprompter take up TV airtime every other week with more and more "addresses to the union"; it would be just my luck if I had to look at him every time I opened the case of my NCAA game.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #47
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
It would be just my luck if that were true. It's bad enough he and his teleprompter take up TV airtime every other week with more and more "addresses to the union"; it would be just my luck if I had to look at him every time I opened the case of my NCAA game.
not to mention that he spends most of his time welcoming sports teams to the white house. Since he's been president theres been like 4 teams there already, forget it being an honor for the World Champs or National champs of a sport coming to the White House, these days everyone goes.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #48
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »