Home

HAY!!!

This is a discussion on HAY!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 03:45 AM   #25
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: HAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I am missing something? it seems like with this feature you can always play with it on
It looks very much to me to be a convenience feature that only the team with the ball can use to chew clock late in a blow out rather than sitting there waiting for it to tick down, rather than it being a sim feature in Madden that simulates time passing so you don't have to play with 8 minute quarters and the clock battle with the CPU is actually a battle.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 04:39 AM   #26
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It looks very much to me to be a convenience feature that only the team with the ball can use to chew clock late in a blow out rather than sitting there waiting for it to tick down, rather than it being a sim feature in Madden that simulates time passing so you don't have to play with 8 minute quarters and the clock battle with the CPU is actually a battle.
Really, you got all that from a picture?

It looks like semantics to me; accelerated clock vs chew the clock, they just gave it a new name. Assuming they're playing five minute quarters, they're only a few seconds into the game and the option to turn on chew the clock is available (where as recent plays is grayed out). It doesn't appear to be a feature that's only available in a fourth quarter blow it. But it would make sense that whoever is on offense has the option to use it since the offense controls the tempo.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #27
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Really, you got all that from a picture?

It looks like semantics to me; accelerated clock vs chew the clock, they just gave it a new name. Assuming they're playing five minute quarters, they're only a few seconds into the game and the option to turn on chew the clock is available (where as recent plays is grayed out). It doesn't appear to be a feature that's only available in a fourth quarter blow it. But it would make sense that whoever is on offense has the option to use it since the offense controls the tempo.
You shouldn't be permitted to skip over the time it takes to select, relay, and call a play.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #28
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I take chew clock to be a selection of plays that would eat clock like qb kneel or a series of simple handoffs
I disagree, I think that it will be somewhat like accelerated clock to where when you put it on, and select your play, it will automatically run the playclock down to around 8 Seconds or so, so when you break the huddle you would go to the line and immediately call your play, this is a PERFECT option, so you don't have to wait around and run clock yourself.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I disagree, I think that it will be somewhat like accelerated clock to where when you put it on, and select your play, it will automatically run the playclock down to around 8 Seconds or so, so when you break the huddle you would go to the line and immediately call your play, this is a PERFECT option, so you don't have to wait around and run clock yourself.
ya man I already said I didn't see the on/off switch so I know i made a mistake
Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #30
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You shouldn't be permitted to skip over the time it takes to select, relay, and call a play.
Agreed, but you can turn accelerated clock off and on as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »