Home

NCAA Football 10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Videos (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:00 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: New Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the shadows don't seem to have moved that much, but it could be how the sun is to that stadium. I'm unfamiliar with the way the shadows are cast on FSU's stadium between 12:30pm and 3pm or so. so it could be right.
Sun positioning and shadows look about right for Doak... Noon sun is usually hitting the entire stadium... as the day progresses the shadows start on the FSU sideline working their way out.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #58
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA Football 10 Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Man I sound like a broken record here but do you think that FORMATION SUBS may be hiding in the LT (GAMEPLAN) screen? I can't see any evidens of FORMATION SUBS which makes me think they didn't make it... BUT... when I ask OMT or Russ they don't answer the question and Greg does his usual "we want to get that feature back at some point." The NCAA Strat guys have said they are not allowed to comment....???...???
If they weren't in I think they would have confirmed them. Right now I would guess they are in but it's in an upcoming blog and the NDA is preventing CL guys from talking about it.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
That is what I am talking about! Thanks for the screen comparison solidice. And now, the shadows don't move at all, and in fact they may not, but if the lighting is dynamic then that is huge to me!!!

Next we just need to work on the weather. In the meantime a confirmation would be nice EA... hint hint.
if the lighting is dynamic, shouldn't the shadows move? How can it get darker and not have shadows move?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #60
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1..._p2_field.html

Why does the game stutter during gameplay?? Anyone know if this will be fixed? At the 1:41, 2:24, and 2:53 marks. Also, the FG net with a huge EA logo on it looks pretty tacky.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #61
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I will be editing the FSU rating using Team Builder once it comes out -- especially for my dynasties. I'll just have to deal with them online.

What I liked about the Videos:
- Game looks sharper
- The OL/DL interaction looks great and Tebow's stance is RIGHT this year. His feet are off-center (like Pryor).
- GAME PLANNING!
- PLAY LINKING!

Didn't Like:
- Turning on a Dime.
- Game still seems like it's moving at 100mph.

Still a buy! Can't Wait!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #62
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Things look pretty good so far. But for the life of me, I'm not sure why the ball carriers still change direction on a dime. That's always been in there and it's always bugged me...to the extent that I may not even buy it this year because of it.

It's like they're programmed on a 4 directional axis (up, down, left, right) instead of 8. There's no momentum or shift to speak of and it just looks very unnatural. Otherwise, everything else looks fairly decent (albeit extremely similar to last year).
It looks like the fast players have no weight at all. The KR by Demps has him running up the field, making cuts, and not losing any speed.

Other than a few new presentation items and a brief pocket forming it looked like '09 to me.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 18

Dynamic lighting appears to be in, which is great, but like someone else said, players are turning on a dime WAY to quickly. Hopefully they can tune this.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Dynamic lighting appears to be in, which is great, but like someone else said, players are turning on a dime WAY to quickly. Hopefully they can tune this.
it seems like EA is more focused on less-important features every year than tuning the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »