Home

Season Showdown will be a good thing and didn't cost anything to add in

This is a discussion on Season Showdown will be a good thing and didn't cost anything to add in within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4
Season Showdown will be a good thing and didn't cost anything to add in

I think I lot of guys are confused and have it twisted what season showdown is and what it will do.

First thing what season showdown does is put to use those points you see next to your profile name in ncaa. I have like 30,000 on each of my two profiles. Now those points you get from user tackles and user sacks will help your school in competition. College football is all about representing yours, and hating your rivals. Now you get a chance to do it in a number of ways.

1) playing vs cpu: any game u play vs the cpu will be added to your point total, dynasty or online dynasty or play now. Just like in 09 you get points for what you do and the game results. It does force you to play fair and punt and not run the score up and skew your stats. This is something every commish in online dynasties post in there rules announcement. This will reduce those 94 to 7 games, because you will lose points.

Resource cost = next to nothing, it’s in 09 now. Your points will be uploaded to a server to support your team, and it only adds some negative point totals for bad/unsportsman like play from what it does in 09.

2) online vs the nation: will clean up online play because the computer users your point totals that you get to track fair play. Guys will punt, not run up the score and play straight up. This fixes the number one complaint in online games; Finding good opponents to play. There will be guys who still play f’d up but there will be less of them because most guys love their schools and don’t want to post negative scores for their school. You will also find more people using their favorite teams which will have more guys using iowa and Colorado and Tulsa. Also See #3

Resource cost= it tracks these scores in 09 already with some additions. No disc space used just like #1. Just an upload of you fair play score to the server. But it gets u fair games online.

3)online showdown: The #2 complaint about online games is everyone use Florida or USC. This mode is nothing more than a lobby to find people who r gonna use the team your favorite team is playing that week. If I am Oklahoma I will find guys to play who will use BYU the week they play. Once again a fair game for bragging rights.

Resource cost= it tracks these scores in 09 already with some additions. No disc space used just like #1 and #2. Just an upload of you fair play score to the server. But it gets u fair games online against new teams each week.

4) Web trivia= can do this off console/online. a takeoff of wii type interaction. Self explanatory. No disc space or resources used. Away to help your school if you or your team is not that good in the game.

5) Vote= another way to help your team if they r not that good. You can also vote against teams you hate. You can vote for Michigan to beat Iowa and for Ohio St, Notre dame, USC and Michigan St to lose. With all the people that hate Notre Dame and USC. It evens the playing field because everybody else besides USC fans will vote for them to lose every week.

As you can see it took up no space or resources to implement but it did the following; Created fair realistic play against the CPU and online, got more people to use different teams online, and gave people other things to do to represent their school. You don’t have to do one thing out of your way once you pick a favorite school. Your scores are added up automatically.

If you dont care you wont notice it. But if you choose you can prove Florida or USC or Texas fans r the best at all things in football in NCAA 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Season Showdown will be a good thing and didn't cost anything to add in

Man some of these ppl just have to find some bad to say.if u don't like it don't use it simple.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

My point in the other thread wasn't that it took away from something else that could be in the game. It was more of the whole thing was overall just lame and pointless to me.

As I state all the time not everything is geared for me I understand. But the whole vote on who wins for points and fair play for points for your school is just gimmicky. I want fair play points to see who cheeses online and who is straight up not so the top 5 bandwagon schools can get E-wins each week.

I am not a teenager anymore, it sucks I know, but in doing so I have a full time job, a house/car payments and barely have enough time to watch real football on the weekends. The last thing I want to focus on when I fire up a game of NCAA is seeing FSU, USC, UF, OSU and Michigan bandwagoners worried about e-statting it up lol.

Lastly if you think this is going to stop people from doing anything it takes to win then you are not in the right state of mind. Even if it did people would find some glitch to get around it and pretty soon anyone that cares about their online record will abuse that to be in the top 100.

Again, not saying I don't want it in just in case there are some people that will love it. However, painting it out to be great is just as much of a waste of breath as bashing it. It is what it is, but I just think at the end of it all this will be the only NCAA version you see this in for. Been playing this game long enough to spot a one year gimmick.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

You don't have to be apart of it.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
My point in the other thread wasn't that it took away from something else that could be in the game. It was more of the whole thing was overall just lame and pointless to me.

As I state all the time not everything is geared for me I understand. But the whole vote on who wins for points and fair play for points for your school is just gimmicky. I want fair play points to see who cheeses online and who is straight up not so the top 5 bandwagon schools can get E-wins each week.

I am not a teenager anymore, it sucks I know, but in doing so I have a full time job, a house/car payments and barely have enough time to watch real football on the weekends. The last thing I want to focus on when I fire up a game of NCAA is seeing FSU, USC, UF, OSU and Michigan bandwagoners worried about e-statting it up lol.

Lastly if you think this is going to stop people from doing anything it takes to win then you are not in the right state of mind. Even if it did people would find some glitch to get around it and pretty soon anyone that cares about their online record will abuse that to be in the top 100.

Again, not saying I don't want it in just in case there are some people that will love it. However, painting it out to be great is just as much of a waste of breath as bashing it. It is what it is, but I just think at the end of it all this will be the only NCAA version you see this in for. Been playing this game long enough to spot a one year gimmick.
First thing is we all have things other than NCAA 2010 that takes our time. Not only am I not a teenager but i have teenagers. One wants to move to Cali and get married, another is in drives ed($400 for 15 class, mandtory state law) so you missed me with that point you were making. But if it was u dont have time that actually was my point. There is nothing you have to do to be in it. it takes none of your time to do it. If you have a wii you should/would know this is a spinoff on the triva and voting that is done on the wii network

I really could have cared less if this was in the game or not. This post was to state what it is and what it can do for the gaming community with an open mind. Not be a cheerleader for the feature. I have had ncaa since ncaa 98 on pc, on one system or another. I like seeing progress and enhancement. Gamplay is still an issue, so is presentation but this is more of an enhancement then a gimmick.

Us guys on this board make up less than 1 percent of people who will own this game. We are a part of the hardcore fan base but if you dont think there will be thousands of fans who will not only use this, but love this feature than your missing the point.
college school spirit is one of the strongest social connections there is in America. That is a fact. They also keep stats on who won the most championships and have an award and trophy for the best college sports program across all sports each year. This will just feed into that and bring out school spirit even greater.

Even with the poor state of the AI, dline play, and power of speed, you could still stop any offense in ncaa 09 with the right defense. If you had the right personnel and spied running QB's with a LB. If he was too fast there were defenses that spy with safeties or zone blitz cbs. so cheesing is not an issue for me. Florida and west virginia and oklahoma do what most define as cheese in real life(screens, qb scramble/ run, no huddle, harvin, devine, murray lined up all over the formation) so its not like it isn't realism in gameplay(yeah some take it too the extreme i know).

Online: I played about 30 full seasons in online dynasty in ncaa 09. This feature will fix alot not all but alot of guys attitudes about bad play( going on 4th all over the field, running up the score ect..). even if it only changes 20 to 40 percent of the bad players, that is an improvement to the ncaa gaming community.
alot of players play bad because there is no incentive to play any other way. Now guys can chase single game high scores or being listed as the florida fan with the most points.
To have the most points you will have to play good fair games, and again your are mistaken if you think thousands of players r not gonna chase single game high scores and favorite team high showdow scores. All gamers like high scores and ea found a way to make chasing a high score a better online playing experience for everybody.
Trust me im not changing anyones opinion, not trying to change yours, they could say we took it out today and it wouldn't bother me one bit, i just call it how i see it, its in the game now and it is what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Glad to here nobody got paid for their time spent on season showdown. I wonder if they get free lunches at EA everyday also?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 16

I understand peoples concerns about the cheesing aspect of this feature. I understand it about any online feature. But there is one simple solution, dont play online. I rarely play an online game. I dont play online for a few reasons, there is guaranteed to be a cheeser there everytime you go into a lobby, and online is always laggy. I dont play Online Dynasties because of the lag, and I want to do what I want, when I want, however I want to do it. I dont want to be waiting to be advanced, or wait for other people. If I use this feature, it will be offline against the CPU, and not online potentially against a cheeser.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »