Home

GIMP Walkthrough w/Screenshots

This is a discussion on GIMP Walkthrough w/Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 01:12 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: GIMP Walkthrough w/Screenshots

Layers

K open up the images that you want to combine in Gimp. Make them transparent & make sure they are in the RGB mode just like before.

Next take a look at the Layers menu.. If its not up already you can find it by going Windows> Dockable Dialogs> Layers

This is where you will find the different images you are working with on a given canvas.

Next I'm going to match the colors and make the "FLORIDA" script the same colors as the sharks logo.. Do this by selecting the Dropper tool, then double click the color on any of the images that you want to set.

Now select the area you want to change with the wand tool and add color like i explained before.. Here I have made the florida script match the sharks logo colors.

Now lets drop the florida script into the sharks logo canvas. Select the florida script box, go over the the layers menu, click it so it highlights in blue.

From there, click and hold the "eye" & then drag over to where you want that image, and let go.

Now look at your layers menu, and it should look like this indicating there are multiple layers on the canvas.

From here you can also decide to move the selected layer up or down... bringing it to the foreground or background, or inbetween layers.

Here's the florida script "on top" of the sharks logo (i resized "florida" btw -----> do the re-sizing BEFORE you drag it over, otherwise it rescales all images on the same canvas)

And on the bottom..

To move the image around select its layer on the layer menu, then select the Move tool (2 under the wand). Now click and hold the image to move it around.

(I also decided to add a copyright/trademark logo to make it a little more legit looking)

As you can see, all 3 images we started with are now on the one canvas. (to bring the image back on the indivual images canvas, click its layer, then click where the eye is so it appears again)

I also decided to add some orange to change it up a bit.. Also scaled the image down to meet the requirements.

Now save the the image as a .png just like before.

Next, this screen may or may not come up depending on what version you have. (I guess I don't have a certain plug in)

Click select Merge Visible Layers (this preserves the transparency) and the click EXPORT... and then save. Your file is now in your designated folder.

And finally here is the finished product:

FLORIDA SHARKS!!

so there you have it... layers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #26
MVP

bump so people can find it
Old 04-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Great thread. This will be a major help for those who are new to image editing. Photoshop does a lot of things similarly as well.

IF you want to do real graphic work in both PS and GIMP, you should learn the programs and take time. THere are a lot of great YouTube tutorials these days that make learning PS and photo editing a lot easier than it was with the old Adobe books back in the day
Old 04-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #28
Ty
Just A Kid

Ty's Arena

OVR: 18

Maybe a sticky for this thread? Some pretty useful info here.

Kansas City Royals

Xbox Live: Ty Dyes

Old 04-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #29
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5

i can't seperate the logo from the background. i just want the logo by itself and i can't do it its so fn frustrating
Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #30
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENAPENA
Gimp tries to autosize mine, when I put 256 as one option it automatically changes the other option away from 256.

Same with the 128x128

any help?

Press the chain link looking thing next to the numbers where you input them. Then change the size.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
Press the chain link looking thing next to the numbers where you input them. Then change the size.
by rescaling that way it sometimes distorts the image
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #32
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5

why is it have to be in 256???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »