Home

I'll say it since no one else will...

This is a discussion on I'll say it since no one else will... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: I'll say it since no one else will...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
So wait, you praise them for the online dynasty and teambuilder... but they need to be replaced because they don't seem to care? You question the gameplay despite the fact that you haven't played either game?

One star
So because they throw you a bone in regards to features one should overlook their blatant omission in quality gameplay...? Riiiiiight.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #10
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
EA Sports needs to remove their JV team off the NCAA series and put some people who actually cares about accurately replicating college football on it. The only reason the NCAA series is treated as a mixed race stepchild by consumers is because the NCAA guys allow it to be. EA has removed all outside competition, why can't there be a sense of rivalry amongst Madden/NCAA about creating a better game? Just because they use a similar engine does not mean they are limited. The Madden crew are killing these guys in and they don't really seem to care, they seem content to stay to in Madden's shadow. NCAA is just standing beside the medal stand that Madden is on while holding their dinky "Honorable Mention" trinket smiling hard for the cameras because they're "just happy to be here". There will never be serious progress made in this series until they get some guys whose goals are not simply to place, but to win. Please stop kowtowing to big brother and give a damn.

The sharp decline of what was the superior game is mind boggling and frustrating as a fan of the series. Even now, despite the great addition of Online Dynasty and the upcoming CAS school a lot of it will be moot if the gameplay isn't right. NCAA took three steps back last year from their promising 2008 edition with their 'WOGP' fiasco, offsetting the wonderful addition of Online Dynasty.

Simply put, I've lost all faith in this NCAA team. Change is necessary. I don't want to have to wait for the XBOX 720 and PS4 in order to get a proper next gen college football game.

[/rant]

Flame me, whatever. I just needed to get it off my chest.
Good lord dude play the game before you criticize someone's work. To say these guys don't care and need to be replaced without playing the game is pretty rude. I don't think they have even released all the details yet so you can't even start degrading their work.

So far from what I have seen, this game will be better than last year by far.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
So far from what I have seen, this game will be better than last year by far.
I thought the same thing when I saw NCAA 09.

I'm obviously still very sour about 09. And I hope they make me look stupid when the game drops. I really do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

Wtf happen to this site?
Old 04-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
So because they throw you a bone in regards to features one should overlook their blatant omission in quality gameplay...? Riiiiiight.
What do you think the Madden devs are doing? They threw you a bone and you bit. They posted blogs and vids showing off the games features and you ate it up. Now you're lashing out at the NCAA devs for not throwing you that exact same bone, despite the fact that you haven't played either game.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree with OP to a point. After last year's disaster, how a lot of these guys retained their jobs is beyond me.

Save the "it's sad that you want people to get fired" post, but outside of the "suits" forcing the designers to release the game "as is" last year, I'm appalled that the gameplay designers are still in place.

While online dynasty was a great addition, it masked the disaster on the field. That silly new lighting also masked the pi$$ poor gameplay.

I would really like to know, who's decision, be it a committee or one person, it was to release 09 with the God awful special teams play, the disgusting pursuit angles and speed bias, and finally the horrid CPU playcalling. Did I mention the ridiculous robo QB, lack of CPU deep ball, or my 95 rated DLineman getting pancaked by 60 OVR rated OLineman? IMO, that right there is enough to maybe "move the designers to another part of the game". The product that was released last year was an absolute mess. Seriously, who in the hell thought that this was a decent even remote representation of the game we all love?

Based on the videos and seeing the new options(that look great BTW), it is reasonable to think that the genius' on the NCAA dev team are masking bad gameplay with more...."features"....isn't it?
Old 04-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree with the root of what the OP is saying. EA practically eliminated any outside competition...so why not create competition amongst themselves?

And I will go ahead and say something that also no one else wants to say and that is a lot of you guys seem to settle for practically anything just to satisfy your NCAA fix. And what I mean by that is people say stuff like this particular version was the best ever yada yada. I'm sorry, but does NCAA have ALL the FBS stadiums in the game yet? Are FCS teams in the game yet? Are entrances in the game yet? None of these versions have come up to the level of what was in the PS2/Xbox versions so how are they the best ever? Yea...it may be the best version for this generation of consoles, but still not the best ever.

Personally, I'm not going to settle for a game that only adds sporadic stadium updates and give me a broken game practically out of the box (ie disappearing team problem on release date). Excuse me for not wanting to pay $60 for this. So part of me feels like I'm getting the wool pulled over my eyes and tricked into believing that these NCAA people (developers, testers, etc) are really giving me the best product in relation to Madden. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to 2010...but I'm still ticked that some of the new features in Madden (ie new QB ratings) arent being put in NCAA this year. So am I supposed to be excited when we get it for 2011? They would already be a year late at that point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

OMG the sky is falling!!!!

OP you fail so much, you didnt even play the game but you already gave madden the upper hand even though it has been the worst of the two for the past 3 or 4 years.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »