Home

Facemasks

This is a discussion on Facemasks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 AM   #25
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Facemasks

I think most people over-think this. I'm no dev, but I have a feeling doing equipment doesn't take the 20,000 man hours or whatever to fix gameplay. I feel like doing a facemask would take like 20 hours at most. That said, I don't see why they can't just work on that kind of stuff maybe now or at the start of the game, when things are slow and they are waiting to decide on stuff or something. They can manage this stuff into their schedules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 04:01 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I think most people over-think this. I'm no dev, but I have a feeling doing equipment doesn't take the 20,000 man hours or whatever to fix gameplay. I feel like doing a facemask would take like 20 hours at most. That said, I don't see why they can't just work on that kind of stuff maybe now or at the start of the game, when things are slow and they are waiting to decide on stuff or something. They can manage this stuff into their schedules.
Regardless of the time it takes, I dont see how they manage to do a bunch of other things first. They seem to take great pride in their player models and they are going the extra mile with alternate unis this year, while not make a good looking facemask to go with it???

That just doesnt make sense in my book.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Regardless of the time it takes, I dont see how they manage to do a bunch of other things first. They seem to take great pride in their player models and they are going the extra mile with alternate unis this year, while not make a good looking facemask to go with it???

Yes , because Alternate unis just wont look right without the matching facemask....
Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC

thank you.... no one realizes that all they have to do is shorten the damn bars up and it would please most of us.... but when they are sticking out a half foot it looks ridiculous
Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

I don't really either.

I mean, more realism is good, but it's pretty far down on my priority list.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
i hope to the Lord that they have some more player asscesories this year. they never have any cool ones like towels, handwarmers, knee bands, new helmets and facemasks, upper half arm sleeves, and some new cleats.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #31
Banned

jd369's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I care about it when they finally nail gameplay down somewhat. But not until then
why are most people not aware that they have separate teams working on separate aspects of the game? that means no trade offs on what should be focused on first, EVERYTHING should be focused on and done right there is no trade off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #32
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcreeper
am i the only one who doesnt care about facemask
You are not the only one. I don't even pay attention to them.

Last edited by heavy_hitter; 04-30-2009 at 01:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »