Home

Teambuilder logo Guidelines

This is a discussion on Teambuilder logo Guidelines within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Rookie

ejohnson221's Arena

OVR: 4
Teambuilder logo Guidelines

I am wanting to start practicing on how to do my own logos on Photoshop, and I know some people want to know how to do it on GIMP. So I just wanted to make this thread, and ask if there is anybody out there who can just walk through what the guidelines have to be. What I do know...

1. Has to be a .png file
2. They have to be either 256 x 256 or 128 x 128
3. File has to be transparent

Is there anything else I am missing. This thread will also be good for us new people to do a logo and post it, and have the experienced guys go behind us and check to see if it is compatible. Thanks guys...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Teambuilder logo Guidelines

your first two guidelines aren't true anymore. this is a quote from another site and has been confirmed

An update on the logos, straight from Ben Haumiller:

"For the logos, there is no format requirement, on the backend we convert the file to the format we need for the game. The app you saw said .png format, but that restriction has been changed to make the site even easier to use. As for the size, the primary logo will be 256x256, and secondary 128x128, if you use a logo that is larger/smaller than this the image will be scaled to fit this size."

Basically, you can use any size image you want, it will be resized, so keep it square. That should result in higher image quality now.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Rookie

ejohnson221's Arena

OVR: 4

hey I appreciate it, so the only thing we really have to do is make sure the background is transparent, right? So all you see is the logo..
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 29

yep basically, for consistency i still make them in files with the right sizes, but it doesn't really matter.

one other thing I really think to be consistent we should keep all the made logos in this original thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...go-thread.html
Old 04-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
"For the logos, there is no format requirement, on the backend we convert the file to the format we need for the game. The app you saw said .png format, but that restriction has been changed to make the site even easier to use. As for the size, the primary logo will be 256x256, and secondary 128x128, if you use a logo that is larger/smaller than this the image will be scaled to fit this size."

Basically, you can use any size image you want, it will be resized, so keep it square. That should result in higher image quality now.
Chances are you will want to re-size it yourself, though. If you let it be auto-re-sized it may not look as good. (Obviously I'm not saying this based on actual experience with TeamBuilder, but this was true with some other web stuff, for example GoalLineBlitz avatars.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
your first two guidelines aren't true anymore. this is a quote from another site and has been confirmed

An update on the logos, straight from Ben Haumiller:

Yeah, we're still testing this change but it should be good. For best results, it is probably a good idea to make it a PNG and resize it yourself if you can because basically the web app is going to resize and convert the file format to PNG for you.

Also, there doesn't HAVE to be transparency.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, we're still testing this change but it should be good. For best results, it is probably a good idea to make it a PNG and resize it yourself if you can because basically the web app is going to resize and convert the file format to PNG for you.

Also, there doesn't HAVE to be transparency.
But is it still true that if there isnt transparency there will be a white box around it? Meaning its not necessary but its probably best to have it.

Facebook - Custom Sports Covers
Old 04-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone2426
But is it still true that if there isnt transparency there will be a white box around it? Meaning its not necessary but its probably best to have it.
If the background is white, yes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »