Home

So....can we have an option for a playoff in NCAA 10??

This is a discussion on So....can we have an option for a playoff in NCAA 10?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #17
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: So....can we have an option for a playoff in NCAA 10??

NCAA football USA had a Playoff option aswell
Old 05-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #18
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
well congress has threaten to step in and i guess wants to force them to have a playoff... as if there isnt more important issues for congress to be worried about (good one Barack )

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4121294

Rep. Joe Barton of Texas, who has introduced legislation that would prevent the NCAA from labeling a game a national championship unless it is the outcome of a playoff, bluntly warned Swofford: "If we don't see some action in the next two months, on a voluntary switch to a playoff system, then you will see this bill move."
1) Obama is not part of the Congress. He is the Chief Executive

2) This bill will not pass anyways. I don't think there is enough support from both parties due to the current situation (and one party mocking the other party with it).

3) There would be lawsuits involved, since the government does not own the NCAA or the BCS system, and they would have no real base to make a playoff.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
i know he's not a part of congress but do you think they would have even discussed this topic had Obama not talked about wanting to get a College Football playoff when he got into office? Thats the point i'm making. If he doesnt bring it up its not even discussed in congress.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #20
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
The NCAA won't allow this at all until there actually is a playoff system in place (2013 possibly!!!!) but due to the current contract that runs out in 2012 the horrible BCS will be alive and kicking till then.

I dont think so
there actually was an option and i loved it!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #21
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i know he's not a part of congress but do you think they would have even discussed this topic had Obama not talked about wanting to get a College Football playoff when he got into office? Thats the point i'm making. If he doesnt bring it up its not even discussed in congress.
actually if the congress gets involved you can bet that the non playoff system will not last for too long. obama probably had alot to do with it but its because BCS has turned into a business and college football needs a fair system to determine the real champion. its all about the money and it isn't fair for the teams getting left out of the national title with perfect seasons. if the congress wants it changed it will get changed. look how quickly they went after baseball as soon as they realized there was a problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 12:27 AM   #22
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero

2) This bill will not pass anyways. I don't think there is enough support from both parties due to the current situation (and one party mocking the other party with it).

3) There would be lawsuits involved, since the government does not own the NCAA or the BCS system, and they would have no real base to make a playoff.
although they do not own the ncaa they can certainly interfere if they want to. thats what they did with baseball. their bases of argument will simply be that college kids need to be able to play for the championship and that a computer system should not decide their faith simply for the financial gain. im really starting to think that the bill will pass because it seems that everyone is sick of the bcs more and more every year when a deserving team gets left out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »